SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Dillon press or?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dillon press or? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
From the base of the machine the case feeder adds:

RL1100: 39.5”
XL650: 35”

Plus whatever mount height you have. I’ve the RL1100 on a 4” Inline press mount and the XL650 on a 9.5” Inline Fabrication press mount. I have a 36” bench so the tallest setup from the floor is 81” and puts the shell plates at about 51” which is great for me for standing to reload.

Of course you’ll need clearance above that to add brass and room to change case feed plate for different calibers.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8336 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I have a Dillon RL1050, XL650 and RL550. If I had to keep one, it would be my XL650.

An XL750 gets my vote as well.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To the OP...if you're really set on another press, my vote would be another 550. As another poster suggested, you've already got all the caliber change kits and turret heads. And like you, I have two 550's, one for each primer size; which really speeds up caliber changes. But I've got to ask, why? I can do a caliber change on mine in 5 minutes or less and setting the powder measure...maybe another 5 minutes...not a lot of time savings for some pretty big $. Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post