SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What’s the deal with primers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s the deal with primers? Login/Join 
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted
I’m in NY and met an old shooting buddy for lunch yesterday. One of the first things he asked was if I had any primers sitting around my place here I’d be willing to part with at a steep discount from today’s prices. I had no idea I was sitting on a gold mine but I’ll keep the gold so I won’t end up buying them back for more someday.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
Seems you are lacking several options in pistol & rifle primers.

80+ thousand on hand,and 25 thousand #35/50BMG primers.

That's more than a good start, it's a pretty fair pile of primers.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:

80+ thousand on hand,and 25 thousand #35/50BMG primers.

That sounds about right.....maybe a little low, but not bad.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Well, one is supposed to ‘buy low & sell high’. I feel we’re coming off the peak, 1k spp are starting to show up, $66-85 or so. Is wasn’t long ago I think $100+ would I been easy to get.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
I saw small pistol primers in stock at one of the shops I frequent. $90 per 1k. The first ones I’ve seen on the shelf in a while.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post