SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    What else do I need?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What else do I need? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Four and a half years ago I purchased a Dillon 550B along with shell plates, dies, strong mount, something else.

I have 2 scales and some other stuff from using my RCBS Rockchucker, including tumbler, etc etc etc. I’m well equipped for single stage operation.

Because of work, other family issues, etc, everything got stashed in the closet and has not been touched since then.

So my question is, What would you recommend to get next, strictly for the Dillon 550B? I’d like to have things ordered now for putting it in service soon.

I’m thinking a LED light to add for the purpose of looking into the cases as the round rotates around?

I’m looking forward to your suggestions, thanks in advance.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I just got one of these lights in the mail today for my 750: https://kmssquared.com/products.html . Press isn't set up yet, so I can't comment on the light, but it was a good value. I got a few bucks off using the coupon code from Ultimate Reloader. Check out the review of the light on Gavintoobe channel on Youtube for the code.

I'd also get a bullet tray to keep you from having to move so far to seat the bullet, since you've got the strong mount.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
A bullet tray, maybe an ergo roller handle from InLine. More primer filler tubes.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8339 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
As Oat mentioned get a KMS light for your press. Here is mine on a 650, maybe the best upgrade/accessory you can purchase.

Also, the roller handle as mentioned by Riley will make it much more comfortable.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Well I just pulled things out of the storage closet.

I do have the trays and bins, the strong mount, bullet tray and 4 extra primer tubes.

I believe I'll get the roller handle and the LED light thing in a couple days.

I do have some bulk bullets, but not a lot.

I'll have to get out to the garage and rummage around and find the bulk bullets, inventory and see what I need.

I intend to load 45 ACP and 9mm on the Dillon.

I do have a Rockchucker for the low volume occasional 30-06, thuddy-thuddy, 357 and 38,44 mag and special, 45 Long Colt, etc.

Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put a KMS light on my 650 about a year ago. Great addition.For sure make the light one of your upgrades.

Posts: 196 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
I can suggest a few things. First, get the strong mount to keep the press higher. Get the tool kit to mount on the back of the press. Those wrenches are very handy just because they are there and available.

Posts: 3396 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by odin:
I can suggest a few things. First, get the strong mount to keep the press higher. Get the tool kit to mount on the back of the press. Those wrenches are very handy just because they are there and available.

+1 and also the KMS light. I like the bullet tray. get a spare parts kit from Dillon

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

I do have some bulk bullets, but not a lot.
see what I need.

I intend to load 45 ACP and 9mm on the Dillon.

Thank you all for your advice, much appreciated.

If you need .45ACP bulk plated, I have been satisfied with this company...I’m not sure if they still have 9MM in stock...but are showing .45s. Quick and free shipping...

https://accuraoutdoors.com/product/45-230-rn/

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post