SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Reloading Inventory SigForum special
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reloading Inventory SigForum special Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by exx1976:
Xcode 8.2.1 requires a Mac running macOS 10.11.5 or later.

10.11.6 was the final point version for 10.11, so you would want that, and that is all that you would get from the App Store in a download.

I prefer, and am still running, 10.11.6 as opposed to the "current" 10.12.x train.

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Xcode 8.2.1 requires a Mac running macOS 10.11.5 or later.

10.11.6 was the final point version for 10.11, so you would want that, and that is all that you would get from the App Store in a download.

I prefer, and am still running, 10.11.6 as opposed to the "current" 10.12.x train.

Again, I'm very new to the Mac world, but as I understand it, I would need a mac mini no older than like 2010 or 2011 to be able to run the minimum required version of the OS. No? Or will they all run the version you mention?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again, I'm very new to the Mac world, but as I understand it, I would need a mac mini no older than like 2010 or 2011 to be able to run the minimum required version of the OS. No? Or will they all run the version you mention?

The Mini vintage called "Early 2009" is the oldest that will run 10.11.x. The 2012 Mini's hold somewhat of a premium because they were the last to have true quad core processors. But for your purposes, they should all perform decently. Upgrading RAM is a snap on any Mini, and replacing a platter drive with an SSD can be done fairly easily as well, just have to dig a little deeper into the guts. There are plenty of how-to's on Mac-related sites. My last Mini was a 2011, and though it also had Thunderbolt ports, the USB was only 2.0. 2012 Mini's brought USB 3.0. Thunderbolt is a nice sort of universal port. Its shape is identical to (and cross-compatible with) Mini-Displayport. TB carries 10Gbps, which can be data as well as Displayport video, so can be used for a monitor or external hard drive, or both.

Posts: 10777 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to an introduction to Xamirin for visual studio 2017.
This video was just released yesterday and is about an hour long.

It is on my list of things to do.

https://youtu.be/oyJsc6P8P6s

I apologize for the drift.

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post