SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Reloading    Is this brass reloadable?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this brass reloadable? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
From my Colt AR

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not until its clean, lubed, full length sized & deprimed, trimmed/chamfered, re-primed, powered and seat a projectile.

Short answer - absolutely.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was competing and reloading mass quantities of .45acp, all my brass looked like that, despite a lowered ejection port.

Never lost a case due to that dent.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's worth saving. Another reason for case lube with rifle or bottleneck cartridges.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Completely normal. I've reloaded brass where the neck is almost closed and you have to use a dowel or something to open the neck enough for the expander ball to enter.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think all AR brass looks like that with maybe a dent in the side of the case sometimes.

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post