SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Leg holster (NOT Concealed Carry)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leg holster (NOT Concealed Carry) Login/Join 
posted
All,
I am looking for a reliable leg hostler for a P320 RX (i.e. with the higher sights); or a holster than could be adapted to a leg "brace". Should be sea-water resistant. Thanks a lot !

Posts: 20 | Registered: November 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about a drop leg "tactical" holster? I would look at the Safariland "drop flex adapter" and whatever style and retention level holster you need. Drop legs can be very cumbersome and the DFA platform is about as good as it gets at minimizing the limitations of the carry method.

If you CAN avoid using a drop leg, you should. If you can't I would suggest wearing it as high as possible.

Posts: 5199 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ What he said. You would be amazed how often they get snagged on things, pick up all kinds of dirt and crap. I dumped mine and now just use a short MOLLE belt adapter that rides just below my jacket. Which you need for access here in the Frozen North. Its a better set up but still exposes your gun to a lot of gunk.
If you choose to sally forth anyway, Safariland or G Code should be able to fix you up.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16354 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
X3 on the above;

I think the USGI version I had is as good as it gets (I want to say a blackhawk for the m9 and safariland for the m17). Yes, super sturdy, secure, durable etc. BUT, was always in the way, bulky, snagged on everything and makes your profile ~4" wider. (I believe statement of charges if you lost it was crazy, like $300)

Most Joes figured out a way to downgrade the full set-up and/or got their hands on a much more streamlined civilian version. I remember unscrewing the holster/base and just zip tying it to my body armor

IMO, the only thing they were good for was if you are in full battle rattle, need that drop leg to get around your kit, and really need super secure and durable.

Posts: 527 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland QD platform is a good way to do this.

Help with my medical fundraiser at https://fundrazr.com/d2PmG0?ref=ab_8BFKzc.

Posts: 2148 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: April 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
I have and use with no issues a CYTAC in which carries my Sig SP2022.

I was not aware that it was made in china til after purchase.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Safariland or, G-Code.
Full-drop leg is really not advised unless you've got a short torso or, your chest rig/carrier is too big, in that case you need to re-evaluate what you're carrying.
20-yrs of combat and most shooters found wearing a full-drop holster rig to be more of a problem/obstacle/hinderance than any benefit it provided, especially if you were patrolling.

Posts: 15009 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post