Wait time for CCW Permits

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/9500025214

November 06, 2016, 11:47 AM
Balzé Halzé
Wait time for CCW Permits
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
Just received my Texas permit. Total cost was $240 and took a little under two weeks from the time I submitted my paperwork on line to receipt. I was shocked it was so quick.

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
November 07, 2016, 01:26 PM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Just received my Texas permit. Total cost was $240 and took a little under two weeks from the time I submitted my paperwork on line to receipt. I was shocked it was so quick.

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

$140 for a first issue LTC, plus class fee.
$70 for renewal, no renewal class required.

The Enemy's gate is down.
November 07, 2016, 02:16 PM
Sigmund
quote:
quote:

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

Isn't TX one of the states with no income tax? If true, I would expect other fees to be higher.

Still, $240 seems REAL high.
November 07, 2016, 07:32 PM
egregore
quote:
[nested quote edited]

240 dollars!?

That's absurd.

Mine wasn't far behind that if you consider the cost of the permit plus the required class. $115 and $100 respectively.
November 07, 2016, 07:45 PM
Zecpull
Ohio you can apply on Monday.. give them a self addressed stamped envelope.. and get it Wednesday in the mail. I have had them hand me my renewal..

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.
November 11, 2016, 09:24 AM
Expert308
It's been a while since I first got mine, I honestly don't remember whether it's been renewed twice or three times now. It's good for 5 years, so it's been either 12 or 17 years. So I don't recall how long it took for the original. According to Google the Sheriff has 45 days to either issue or deny it. Renewals are a lot faster, at least in my county - I go into the sheriff's office, fill out a renewal form, have a new photo taken, and they hand me a temporary one, saying the real one will be in the mail in "a few days". It's always showed up in the mailbox the next day.
November 11, 2016, 05:00 PM
lkdr1989
In my county, you get a renewal notice from the Sheriff's office, then you call the office to make an appointment, show up, they re-fingerprint you & take an ID photo, print off the card.

The easiest renewal was Utah, went online, paid my money got my card in 2 weeks I think.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
November 14, 2016, 08:15 PM
GeorgiaCC
In my county it was $68.50 for 5 years. Took only 22 days from application and prints to the mailbox. No class to take or any registering of guns on the liscense. Each county is a bit different and a neighboring county issued to the mailbox on 9 days.
December 01, 2016, 09:09 AM
P250UA5
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
IIRC, back with I got my CHL, it was about 4 weeks from everything in the mail to CHL in my mailbox. That was about 4 years ago.
Just submitted my LTC renewal online yesterday, we'll see how long it takes to come in. My CHL expires in early January.

About a month, got my renewal in the mail this week. I'm good til 2022 now, maybe I should go buy a SigPro.

The Enemy's gate is down.
December 09, 2016, 01:17 PM
Kravashera
Just got my AZ renewal. Took about two and a half months.

“You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
- Robert Heinlein
December 09, 2016, 01:24 PM
Blackhat
My last Ohio renewal took about a week. I drove over to Centre County in Pennsylvania for my non-resident license in PA; took all of 15 or twenty minutes of waiting, but I walked out with it.
December 15, 2016, 11:05 AM
Chem Geek
Houston County, AL.

Applied online, got a message 5 days later that everything was good. Went in, had my picture taken, CCP printed and walked out in probably 10 minutes, cost is $20/yr up to 5 years.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.
December 16, 2016, 08:04 PM
GOTSIG
Maine resident is less than a month all told for a renewal. You don't need one now, but I am still keeping it up for the day when you will again...

NH non-resident was more like 2 months for the renewal. Sometimes is less.

MA non-resident is about 9 months from the time you submit the renewal to the time you get it with the in-person interview in between. And it's $100 for a year. So pretty much as soon as I get mine, I'm filling in the renewal form again... Roll Eyes

====================
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." THOMAS
JEFFERSON
December 18, 2016, 05:14 PM
goose5
I was told 4 to 6 weeks. I got it in 3 weeks. That was for my first time. I have no idea how fast/slow the renewal process is. I'll find out in 4 years.

December 18, 2016, 05:20 PM
rhpenn
quote:
Originally posted by GOTSIG:
Maine resident is less than a month all told for a renewal. You don't need one now, but I am still keeping it up for the day when you will again...

NH non-resident was more like 2 months for the renewal. Sometimes is less.

Vermont next second!!

MA non-resident is about 9 months from the time you submit the renewal to the time you get it with the in-person interview in between. And it's $100 for a year. So pretty much as soon as I get mine, I'm filling in the renewal form again... Roll Eyes

January 19, 2017, 09:42 AM
kornesque
NC, 2008 - 3mos
AL, 2012 - instant
WA, 2013 - 3 days shipped
ID, 2017 - expect 90 day delay

"Happiness is red and free."
January 20, 2017, 12:03 PM
18Z50
My permit took 25 years to get approved, but it's good in all fifty States and is has no expiration date.
January 21, 2017, 08:28 PM
SIGfourme
New Florida CCW took only 2 weeks. Applied in person-fingerprints and photo. They said expect 30-40 days. Wow.
January 22, 2017, 03:47 PM
nasig
Monterey County, CA
the bad new: 6 months and $430 including qualifying course and range time
the good news: we have a sheriff that is willing to issue permits to responsible, law abiding citizens and he has things moving in the right direction, a rarity in CA
January 29, 2017, 12:48 PM
doublecorona
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
My latest renewal was 6 days. New permits are running about 2-3 weeks here in Hillsdale County, MI

We just revised our CPL law late last year. We had horror stories from Wayne and Kent Counties running 6 months. Hope is by the endo of the year renewals can be a while you wait in person and on line renewals go into effect in 2018.

Our permits are good for 5 years which gives us a NICS exemption. BATFE will only grant that to states that issue for 5 years or less.

Oakland County, MI here. I dropped off my renewal application and $115 this past Monday (1/23) afternoon. The approval letter was dated 1/24, the envelope with my new CPL was post marked 1/25 and it arrived on Friday (1/27).

I renewed my drivers license a few hours before my CPL and am still waiting for it.

Deplorable NRA Life Member