SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Suggestions for a OWB for a P6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for a OWB for a P6 Login/Join 
posted
Hello all!

Looking for suggestions for a high and TIGHT to the body OWB for a P6. I’ve been looking at a Desantis Scabbord, but have no experience with that particular holster.

Posts: 11 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 23, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the one I use for my P6, and S&W 39-2.
https://www.mtrcustomleather.c...er-scabbard-holster/

PC

Posts: 1374 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Kramer Leather Belt Scabbard. Also available in a vertical style if desired.

https://www.kramerleather.com/...oducts/belt-scabbard

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6735 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Don Hume makes a great one as well. Probably not as well made as the Kramer but it's about half the cost.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonEuc
posted Hide Post
I have one of these for my P225 and love it.

TT Gunleather

Posts: 1313 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
For inexpensive leather, I'm a fan of the Don Hume stuff. I had a 721 with a thumb break for a G26 that I used as a "school gun" for training trips, and it worked well. I sold it with the gun.

I also have a few of their IWB holsters, and find that my Pre-rail P229, P6, and P245 all fit and are retained in the same holster (PCCH). I picked op one their S.O.O.T. rigs for a 3" J-Frame a while back and have been very happy with it as well...it carries nicely, retains the gun nice and tight to the body, and works with my 2" as well as my 3" guns.

I have a couple of Desantis scabbards for other guns and WML setups that Don Hume doesn't make stuff for. The Speed Scabbard/Speedlight is acceptable...it gets the job done, but I find that the belt loops are pretty loose, even with my double-layer bullhide w/stiffener Beltman, and the holsters tend to sag/flop a bit, especially with my full-size P320. On the upside
the design does accommodate an RDS.

Posts: 9249 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I'll second the Kramer horsehide OWB belt scabbard recommendation. I've been using them since the early 90s with various guns - to include my duty P220 and off duty P225, 228, and 239 as well as others.

My current EDC gun, WCV Glock 19 is carried in one most of the time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mitch Rosen 5JR or Kramer Belt Scabbard. I own and use both. Mitch Rosen shorter wait times vs Kramer. Both excellent leather craftsmanship.

Posts: 626 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of magholderusa
posted Hide Post
My go to has always been the Cobra OWB by Concealment Solutions.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA

Posts: 216 | Location: Cedar Hills, UT, USA | Registered: September 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
^^^ I’ll add that if you’re also in need of a good magazine-carry solution, definitely have a look at the offerings of Magholder LLC.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6735 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

I went with a Bianchi Black widow holster I found brand new on EBay for $15
Also went with a neo mag magnetic mag holder. So far, liking both!

Posts: 11 | Location: Midwest | Registered: March 23, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post