SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Longshot request: looking for a Level 2 IWB holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Longshot request: looking for a Level 2 IWB holster Login/Join 
The Steve McQueen of SIGforum
Picture of mosquito
posted
Anyone know of an IWB holster that has Level 2 retention?

Thanks!

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I ran across this one some time back, DeSantis Prowler. Does not look like it would be a smooth draw action when IWB.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/prod...KEAQYBSABEgLrxfD_BwE

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 867 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
I ran across this one some time back, DeSantis Prowler. Does not look like it would be a smooth draw action when IWB.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/prod...KEAQYBSABEgLrxfD_BwE

No it doesn’t, and the trigger area index release isn’t ideal either. But I appreciate the suggestion!

www.seventactical.com

Posts: 4711 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: December 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mosquito
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
http://www.safariland.com/prod...lster-model_575.html

Doesn't look very comfortable.

Interesting, thanks. I think all-in-one holsters like this are probably going to be my best bet.

www.seventactical.com

Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Bianchi Model 3S is IWB with loop and thumbreak

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ In the days of my youth, I went IWB from time to time. The Bianchi Pistol Pocket worked. And it is cant adjustable too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I've seen some leather with snap and thumb-break like pictured above, but nothing else.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago when the old Handguns for Sport and Defense magazine published gunwriter Duane Thomas’ article about his Thomas Perfectionist IWB holster from Kramer Handgun Leather, I’m tempted to say that a thumb-break was an option for that holster.

Might be worth a call or email to Kramer to see if that option is still available - the holster is definitely still one of their offerings.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered an OS Pro with a break from HBE leatherworks. Great holster, the price is up there, but it is well worth it....I tried to order a similar holster from other top named makers but they wouldn't make an iwb with a break....I carried my officers 1911 in a Sparks summer special 2, but wanted the loops wider and a break. The OS Pro is what I have wanted all along...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post