SIGforum
Fantastic service from Beltman

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/9230091384

July 05, 2021, 11:29 AM
tp1l
Fantastic service from Beltman
I'm pretty sure another thread on this forum is how I found the Beltman (https://www.thebeltman.net/) originally, but I just had a great customer experience that was worth sharing. I bought a gun belt from him last year when I decided to start carrying. I needed something sturdier than the Saddleback belts I used to wear, and his shop came up a few times as a place worth consideration.

The belt has been just about perfect for me and I wear it nearly every day... but I wanted something in brown to go with some of my work attire, so last weekend I placed an order for a second one. I ordered that one a bit smaller, since I was almost at the last hole on this one and was going to be wearing it with thinner pants. I got the normal automated emails and didn't really think about it until today, when I got a direct email asking about my order. He had noticed that I had ordered a belt two sizes smaller with no change in pant size, and wanted to be certain that's what I wanted. Not only that, but he had some recommendations based on how I was wearing the current one that caused me to make a change to the order.

Most places, even small shops, would have taken what I said at face value, then pointed to their "no returns" or "15% restocking fee" policy if I called back to complain about a fit issue. This is really exceptional service from a company that makes exceptional quality gun belts, and has pretty much guaranteed my business in the future!
July 08, 2021, 04:18 PM
94hokie
Still wearing my beltman belt daily from maybe 12 or so years ago, great product. And has always been great customer service.
July 08, 2021, 08:38 PM
TheFrontRange
That is indeed exemplary service! I’ve always heard / read good things about The Beltman. I even saw “The Beltmobile” out and about once (the company now operates out of my home state).

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza
July 09, 2021, 12:03 AM
LoboGunLeather
This confirms all of the reports I have seen on The Beltman, excellent products and customer service.

Retired holster maker.
Retired police chief.
Formerly Sergeant, US Army Airborne Infantry, Pathfinders
July 09, 2021, 01:15 PM
220-9er
I still wear my original Beltman belt every day that is about fifteen years old and still going strong.
A couple bought the business about six years ago when the original owner retired and have kept up the high standards of workmanship and customer service so the change was only noticed by the address.
Great to see the business handed off to another party that has taken such care.

July 11, 2021, 10:16 AM
tp1l
The new belt arrived on Friday. The quality is as high as I expected from prior orders, and his suggestions for sizing were spot-on!

This one fits right in the middle, where if they'd gone with what I asked for originally, it would have been right at the end - survivable but I wouldn't have been as happy.

I'm seriously considering getting a black one in this size as well. I know I could probably cut down the one I have, but my weight tends to fluctuate and it's never a bad thing to have options. Either way, I'm extremely happy (again) with the purchase. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a non-nonsense, sturdy, attractive gun belt at a great price.
July 11, 2021, 11:47 AM
Edmond
I just ordered a 1.5" reinforced belt from him a couple weeks ago through his quick ship option. Very nice belt. I'm hard on belts so I went with the reinforced option. If I get 3 years out of a belt without it having bent and lost rigidity, that's a long time.

Heard so many great things about him over the years I decided to finally order.

July 16, 2021, 12:04 AM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
Still wearing my beltman belt daily from maybe 12 or so years ago, great product. And has always been great customer service.

I bought my first one in the summer of '06. Wore it every day until a few weeks ago when it finally died and I had to order my second one. I'd say I got my money's worth.

September 15, 2021, 10:55 AM
bendable
Satisfied customer,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
September 15, 2021, 11:46 PM
92fstech
15 years ago, when I started carrying, I bought a Rafter S Gunleather Belt. I loved that belt...wore it every day until about 2 months ago. 15 years had taken it's toll...it was getting soft and having trouble supporting some of the heavier guns that I like to carry. Rafter S is no longer in business, and I'd seen good reports on Beltman, so I decided to give them a try.

I ordered a regular quick-ship double-stitch black bullhide belt with the internal stiffener. This is by no means their most expensive product, but like the OP, Dave took the time to personally contact me to confirm the fit. We corresponded a bit, and the belt I received it absolutely perfect. It buckles on the 3rd of 4th hole depending upon whether I'm carrying IWB or OWB. It's stiff and supportive, yet very comfortable. It's even better than my old Rafter S Belt, and that's saying something. Hopefully I can get 15 years out of this one, too!

The Beltman provides absolutely fantastic customer service and an excellent product. I almost wish I needed more than one belt so I could order more!
October 17, 2021, 06:56 AM
MikeGLI
I’m a fan of their belts. I just picked up a second belt in black via quick ship and a couple bucks off. Great quality and great value.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.
January 17, 2022, 08:32 AM
bahs11
I am still using (everyday-carry or not) the 1st Beltman belt I purchased.
It has , and is my favorite belt.
I ordered a 2nd belt from Beltman a few years ago that I save for dressier occasions that still looks like new and is every bit as good as the 1st belt I bought.
1st belt was purchased when Jim was the owner/maker.
2nd belt purchased from owners/makers Jim sold to.
I see no difference in quality or wearability.