SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Carrying daily again
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carrying daily again Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
For about 5 years straight, I've carried my LCP in a pocket holster while at work. It was carried in the front right pocket.

Lots of bending down, reaching over, under, sitting, crawling on the floor, etc. Never a problem with it. I know, the LCP is really small, but I'm confident I can do it with a bigger gun carried the same way.

The Raven Vanguard that Chowser is refering to, is not meant for reholstering on yourself, it's a clip that snaps over the trigger guard and you have to remove the clip from wherever it was attached to be inserted back onto the gun with both hands off body.

I also have a couple of those too, but I use them to store loaded guns without the bulk of keeping them in holsters.

Posts: 7440 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I live in a place where crime is not significant. Even our 2020 George Floyd protests were lawful and damn-near polite.

Still, with the world the way it is today, I started carrying daily just to stay in practice. My brother asked me where I'm going that I expect to need a gun. I told him "I don't go to places where I expect to need a gun. It's the places I don't expect it that always seem to make the news."

I went through several holster/gun combinations before settling on the Glock 43X - the best mix of capacity, size and weight for me. 15 rounds in the Shield Arms magazine and a Holosun red dot. Carried at 3-4 O'clock in a Brave Response belly band-type holster, which suits the casual way I am typically dressed.

Posts: 6080 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
… I went through several holster/gun combinations before settling on the Glock 43X - the best mix of capacity, size and weight for me. 15 rounds in the Shield Arms magazine and a Holosun red dot. Carried at 3-4 O'clock in a Brave Response belly band-type holster, which suits the casual way I am typically dressed.

I did find my belly band holster. Do you tuck your partially into your pants or do you let it ride high?

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Try to carry everywhere I can, for a while now.
It was awkward at first but now second nature.
I have taken off to go somewhere, forgot to grab the gun and then turned around to go get it.
It feels awkward now, not to have it. Eek

Posts: 23171 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've carried concealed since the 70's. Shoulder holsters are for specialty use only, when there is no chance of removing your jacket. Very limited. I prefer carry that permits visits to a barber shop, restaurant or other public convenience while remaining armed and inconspicuous. Lately, I've preferred an IWB P365 variant, positioned crossdraw. The Safariland Species holster is excellent and affordable. It disappears under a t-shirt or banded bottom sport shirt. It's always available, comfortable, and the element of surprise offsets the slightly slower rate of draw.

Posts: 278 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
… I went through several holster/gun combinations before settling on the Glock 43X - the best mix of capacity, size and weight for me. 15 rounds in the Shield Arms magazine and a Holosun red dot. Carried at 3-4 O'clock in a Brave Response belly band-type holster, which suits the casual way I am typically dressed.

I did find my belly band holster. Do you tuck your partially into your pants or do you let it ride high?

I wear it tucked. Just the butt of the gun shows above my pants.

Posts: 6080 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Appendix for deeper concealment but I front pocket carry a sig 365 everyday. If you like owb, do it. It's not nearly as obvious as you think and most people don't notice anything anyway.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 8001 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a fellow PA brother with severe back problems, I carry a Gen 5 Glock 17 with spare mag, all OWB.

The key is the cover garment. I use square bottom button down shirts during summer, 1 size larger than normal. Winter is a hoodie. Zero print issues

Belt is the wilderness instructor belt reinforced and the holster is the Phantom RCS.

quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
I’ve recently started caring again on a daily basis. I used to carry IWB strong side but now it’s so very uncomfortable. I have a problem with the sacroiliac area and it’s just irritating. Sitting is worse than standing.

I normally carry my P229 but the Glock 33 is lighter and that’s what I’ve been carrying.

OWB prints way too much. I don’t generally wear a jacket so I’m not sure a shoulder holster is the answer.

Any suggestions for some better comfort?

Posts: 874 | Location: NE Pennsylvania | Registered: December 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
A P229 is a heavy, wide gun. I would have had second thoughts on putting that on. I carry a P365X appendix inside the waistband in a G-Code holster: https://www.tacticalholsters.c...oduct/gcode-eclipse/

I have no problems sitting with it on. I am not a big guy, either. I am five feet seven inches and weigh 148 pounds. I tried carrying OWB but it is not as comfortable.

Posts: 3247 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been carrying my Glock 26 daily again. I was not carrying as my permit had expired and I was waiting on the renewal to arrive. Nice to be able to carry again.

Posts: 21 | Registered: August 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
AIWB just doesn't work for me. My G33 is comfortable either IWB or OWB around 4 o'clock.

Posts: 749 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Mark,

If you're able to carry owb with a cover garment, a high rise pancake style holster with an FBI forward cant will hide just as well as IWB (or close enough as it won't matter) for the baby Glocks, in my experience.

If you must go IWB, yep, try a G43 or G43X or P365 type pistol in AIWB position.

Posts: 1765 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Viajero:
I have been carrying my Glock 26 daily again. I was not carrying as my permit had expired and I was waiting on the renewal to arrive. Nice to be able to carry again.

I still want a 26X. 26 slide with 19 frame and a rail. Like the G45/19X, but smaller.

Posts: 1765 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Mark, what are you using for your iwb holster.
Is the 33 the same size and the 26?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19674 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Mark, what are you using for your iwb holster.
Is the 33 the same size and the 26?
It’s a High Noon Hidden Impact. The 33 is the same size as the 26.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can’t figure how OWB can possibly be concealed

It took me a bit but I stopped thinking about it. If I happen to print like say with a P320 Compact or my P226, I stopped giving a f*ck.
When I do care or want to be more discreet (like anyone notices) I’ll carry the P365. Coming into warmer weather with T shirts that’ll get more time.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12960 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post