SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Ridgecut work pants from Tractor Supply - should make good CCW pants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ridgecut work pants from Tractor Supply - should make good CCW pants Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
https://www.tractorsupply.com/...rk-pant?cm_vc=-10011

Heavy material, particularly in the pockets, which are also both wide and deep enough to carry a pocket pistol or revolver with a full grasp while still inside the pocket, as well as my wallet and cell phone (I carry a wallet in front). Not many pockets are that large; those of blue jeans are very tight. The belt loops are generous, easily taking a 1½-inch belt, even a 1¾-inch if that is your style. A couple more of them (there are only five) would be nice for extra support of a gun. There is a thigh pocket on the right side, not deep enough for a large cell phone, but could take a clipped-on knife or flashlight. They didn't have my size in the store (everything was for either really big guys or tall skinny guys), so I had a pair shipped to the store.

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC pants are Carhartt Carpenter jeans. Left leg lower pocket is just right for a tactical light and right side tool pocket is great for my knife. Regular pockets fit a snub revolver. Big back pockets too. Durable, comfy and non tactical look.
Next time I am in Tractor Supply I will check out the Ridgecut.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention the knees are reinforced with an extra layer. This could come in handy if you have to crouch or kneel on rough ground.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27803 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I’ve got a Tractor Supply near me, I’m going to check those out.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
They also have shorts that are similarly constructed, with the addition of thigh "cargo" pockets, which I can personally take or leave. These only seem to come in the tan color, same notation. (It shows soiling too easily.)

posted Hide Post
Along-long time in the past our DI at MCRD Parris Island stated that women wear pants and men wear trousers.

For what ever reason that verbiage stuck with me through the decades.

Posts: 997 | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

They didn't have my size
Yet another merchant that caters to guys with short legs. Looking at the size chart in the linked URL, max inseam length is 32" for some waist sizes, 34" for others. Nothing longer than 34" and I need 36".

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30519 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post