SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Smart Carry, $10 off with code
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smart Carry, $10 off with code Login/Join 
posted
www.smartcarry.com coupon code is SmartSummer

I think I got $5 off back when I was a reserve LEO.

We've talked about this, below is something I first posted probably ten years ago:

It works for me. CCW holsters are a balance between concealment, comfort, and accessibility, and my first priority is concealment. Sometimes I carry my LCP or PM9 in a pocket, but most of the time it’s in Smart Carry. I also have a super-size model and on rare occasions I carry my G-19 and two spare mags.

I no longer carry my 642 or PPS, but like the LCP, PM9, and now G-43 they fit fine in my medium (holster, not hip size) Smart Carry. You buy the size holster for the largest gun you plan to carry.

Comfort is not an issue on long trips; Last fall I drove east (2500 miles r/t) with my LCP and almost forgot it was there.

Pros:

No cover garment, shirt can be tucked in or out

Wear under shorts, long pants, or sweats. Even business casual.

One size holster fits almost all

No one looks there

Superior concealment

Slot for spare mag/speed strip

Can draw with support hand

Cons:

May not support a heavy gun

Potentially slower draw

Reluctance to keep a gun there

Need to buy pants one size larger

Other members may have additional pros and cons. It's not the perfect holster, it’s not for everyone, but Smart Carry works for me.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post