SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    1911 and S&W J-frame Concealed Carry
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 and S&W J-frame Concealed Carry Login/Join 
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted
Shown is my typical concealed-carry set-up - most of it, anyway, as I didn’t picture an A&G Custom Gunleather belt.

Full-size 1911 (in this case, a Caspian-framed gun built by a student some years back at a Bob Rodgers Pistolsmithing course) with a Bruce Nelson Combat Leather Summer Special IWB holster (part of the recent BNCL “revival” effort by Erik Little of Rafter-L Combat Leather). Spare Wilson Combat 47 magazines in a Milt Sparks IPD IWB pouch. Both of these pieces of gunleather keep all the goods riding high and close-in. For me, it’s the perfect concealed-carry combo.

Also shown is a S&W Model 642 with a pocket holster from JW O’Rourke / O’Rourke Leather and spare ammo in a 2x2x2 pouch from Barranti Leather. These accompany me virtually full-time.

Pretty much got all my favorite leather-crafters in one set of pictures (well, not Kramer, as I love their horsehide products, too).

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6720 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats some old school cool.

Posts: 4685 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would define it as "Classic Cool".

PC

Posts: 1352 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's a very capable pair, and a nice set of leather to go with them!

Posts: 8965 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all! These items accompanied me all weekend long to an assortment of destinations. I was minus an “all-weather” 1911 for a bit and am very glad to have this particular one back on-duty.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

posted Hide Post
John built some great holsters as I have several. I used to go and hang out with him at the larger gun show in Birmingham, always a good time. That leather looks appropriate for the those guns.

Posts: 1660 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Very sweet setup. Looks like you're covered. I love the 642 for carry as well.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8834 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
John built some great holsters as I have several. I used to go and hang out with him at the larger gun show in Birmingham, always a good time. That leather looks appropriate for the those guns.

Thank you! That holster was actually purchased at a Birmingham show once upon a time.

Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
Very sweet setup. Looks like you're covered. I love the 642 for carry as well.

Thank you!

posted Hide Post
I've got one of John's Pocket Holsters for a Colt D-frame, but only have a photo of it in one of his IP holsters.

Here's an O'Rourke holster from a care package he sent to MARSOC during the MEU-SOC 1911 to Colt M45A1 transition.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know my 1911 lingo,
Is that a 5" or 6' 1911 in the o.p. please ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55012 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I don't know my 1911 lingo,
Is that a 5" or 6' 1911 in the o.p. please ?

5".

"Full size" = 5". "Commander" = 4 or 4.25". "Extended" or "Long slide" = 6".

Posts: 7339 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Belated replies here, my apologies - I like that O’Rourke leather and, separately, indeed, that 1911 is a five-incher.