SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Beltman Belts - very nicely made
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beltman Belts - very nicely made Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Very happy so far with my Beltman belt. This is my first from them. It is the perfect replacement for my old one by a company no longer in business. I prefer the 1.25” double stitched type. This time I included the stiffener. I’m not sure what it adds, but vertically, it is quite stiff. Horizontally, it wraps just like any good gun belt.

Now the fun of breaking it in to fit my body and laying flat at the buckle!

I have not tried it with a holster yet, but I have no doubts it will support all of mine just fine.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three of them. A 1.5" bullhide, a 1.25" bullhide, and my most recent is a 1.25" horsehide double-stitch. They all work quite well. The bullhide belts I've had for probably 7-8 years and are still going strong despite minimal care.

I currently use my 1.25" horsehide belt for carrying my PX4 Compact. Works great.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I have two Beltman belts; one black and one brown that are going on 11 years old now and going strong.

I actually wear them with everyday clothing armed or not, everything except suits where I have trouble getting the belt through the smaller loops.

After getting used to these, any regular belt feels so wimpy and inadequate now!

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great belt. Mines a 1.5" distressed leather. Don't get distressed though. Somebody just takes a scribe or tool and scratches randomly around on the leather. Don't see the "distressed" option now?

Posts: 112 | Registered: May 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have had mine since circa 2006 and haven't been able to hurt it.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
I bought a black and a brown (both quick-ships) about 5 years ago and they have been fantastic. As a bonus, he’s local to me so I’m also supporting a local artisan.

Posts: 327 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've had a couple of 1.5" black bullhide ones for about 15 years now. Couple years ago I picked up a 1.25" one with the velcro strip in it, planning to buy a holster with that type of clips. Never got around to buying that holster, but the belt still works great.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I've heard that they recently changed ownership but the quality is still the same. Haven't been able to confirm it but the one I bought years ago is as good as new.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1856 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I've heard that they recently changed ownership but the quality is still the same. Haven't been able to confirm it but the one I bought years ago is as good as new.

Yes, it happened a few years ago. The new owner apprenticed under the previous owner before the changeover. I have belts from both periods and the quality is still excellent.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Virtute et Armis
Picture of hft119
posted Hide Post
Just got my first Beltman Belt. I purchased a distressed American Bison gunbelt and is a great belt, with excellent workmanship

NRA Benefactor
GOA

Posts: 128 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: November 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post