SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Shoulder holster recommendations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shoulder holster recommendations Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I suggest you consider the Galco Miami Classic II. What's nice about a leather holster like this is that by making precise cuts in the leather, it will accommodate a pistol with a mounted Trijicon RM06 optic and still support the firearm very securely. And these cuts don't crack or tear over time. I've done this with a Galco Miami Classic II rigs for both a P226 Legion with a Trijicon RM06 optic, and for an HK 40C with a Trijicon RM06 optic.

Posts: 110 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: April 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I finally received my Andrews Leather Monarch rig last July, took 8 months. I started to use it a couple of months ago for winter and I love it, it drapes very nicely on my body, and is fairly comfortable, excellent balance. Very easy to put on, no belt straps to deal with. Very clever design. Worth the price and the wait.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16706 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I've only had one shoulder rig for my P228, but it's a Galco Miami Classic and it balances perfectly with 2 spare mags weak side. Very comfortable for all day wear in hot (open carry) and cold (heavy coat) weather.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC the JackA77 was the originator of the multipoint swivel in the back. Bianchi then bought the patent, and Galso bought Bianchi. Now DeSantis makes essentially the same rig.

For me, shoulder holsters are my primary CC means. Some of that is because I have no butt, so any gunbelt, holster, then gun weight of 229/226/220 INVARIABLY drags my pants down. I am forever hiking them up - a PITA. Also going for nature's call outside your home is WAY easier with a shoulder holster than on-your-belt.

The disadvantage is speed, of course. So, as mentioned, try not to get yourself into places where speed BECOMES important. As Bill Jordan quipped in his book, "THE fastest draw is your gun already in your hand."

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shikemd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I've only had one shoulder rig for my P228, but it's a Galco Miami Classic and it balances perfectly with 2 spare mags weak side. Very comfortable for all day wear in hot (open carry) and cold (heavy coat) weather.

-Rob

Another vote for Galco Miami Classic. You can switch holsters/carriers and still use the same shoulder harness to save a few bucks if you want to carry different pistols. I also got the tie downs which loop around a belt, which I use while skiing.

Posts: 918 | Location: The only state with a state bird named after another state. | Registered: December 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although not a fan of the full-time use of a shoulder rig, at various times I have carried a P220, P226, or a Glock 21 in the Galco Miami Classic rig with the tie down and or cuff case. Most of these occasions have involved long hours of sitting in a car or sometimes in too small to start with airplane seats. It is a good rig, but I always replaced the plastic screws with brass.

Posts: 146 | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post