SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    DeSantis Belly Band - new to me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis Belly Band - new to me Login/Join 
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted
So since I couldn't find an IWB holster for my derringer, and needed an option for carry in workout clothes I purchased a DeSantis belly band.

I find it fits my Derringer well, my Sig P290 well, and even my HK P7 psp.

It will be nice to have a holster, magazine carrier and a spare pocket that is concealed.

No I won't be carrying restraining devices (handcuffs) in the spare pocket as I am not law enforcement, but it could be useful for stashing a credit card or extra cash, or even a place to carry a fixed blade knife.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been using www.smartcarry.com for a long time, usually LCP or G-43X but occasionally G-19.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I have liked mine.

Posts: 9942 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
A belly band was my first ccw holster. I carried a Beretta 92fs in it. It was some off-brand I’d bought at a gunshow and after a few years the elastic was stretched and the Velcro was not holding well and I could never find another one that fit as well so I moved on to other holsters.

Interestingly I just ordered a new one from Alien Gear a couple weeks ago. I’m hoping to have something I can wear around the house when I’m just in sweats. I’m excited to check it out.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
A belly band was my first ccw holster. I carried a Beretta 92fs in it. It was some off-brand I’d bought at a gunshow and after a few years the elastic was stretched and the Velcro was not holding well and I could never find another one that fit as well so I moved on to other holsters.

Interestingly I just ordered a new one from Alien Gear a couple weeks ago. I’m hoping to have something I can wear around the house when I’m just in sweats. I’m excited to check it out.

My main reason for the belly band is that I can use it in shorts, sweats and a T-shirt when I am working out. Also I couldn't find a holster for my derringer that was IWB. This will meet my intent for concealment of that beauty (American Derringer M-1 in .45 colt).

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post