SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Arizona renewal questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona renewal questions Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
My Arizona permit expires in November. Any idea on how far in advance should I apply for my renewal? Will I need new prints or do they archive them?

Thanks

Posts: 11123 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Just sent my renewal in, they notified me by mail that it was due about a month before. No prints, just the one form, you have to check online for the amount, apparently it changes, mine was a money order for $46.00. They give you a couple months after the due date to renew, if needed.

Posts: 953 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The renewal form states you can send it in 90 days before the expiration date. If sent before that it will be returned.
I sent my renewal in the end of October and have not received the new one yet. Just called the state yesterday and they told me they were working through the backlog and had no idea when I would get my new license.

Posts: 182 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Posts: 11123 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Brad,
Went through this just about a year ago. It took the better part of 90 days.
Expire date was early December, I applied in November and got it late January or early February.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 3875 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A woman I shoot with every week got hers last July and she sent in the application the previous January.

Mrs. Flash sent her renewal in in July and we're still waiting for it.

The word is that the "workers" who do permits are all afraid of catching Covid so they're "working" from home.

Right. Before Covid, renewals in Arizona had around a 2 week turnaround. Now we've got close to 6 months.

Posts: 10458 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post