SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Arizona renewal questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Arizona renewal questions Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted
My Arizona permit expires in November. Any idea on how far in advance should I apply for my renewal? Will I need new prints or do they archive them?

Thanks


__________________________
Writing the next chapter that I've been looking forward to.
 
Posts: 11208 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Just sent my renewal in, they notified me by mail that it was due about a month before. No prints, just the one form, you have to check online for the amount, apparently it changes, mine was a money order for $46.00. They give you a couple months after the due date to renew, if needed.
 
Posts: 1281 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The renewal form states you can send it in 90 days before the expiration date. If sent before that it will be returned.
I sent my renewal in the end of October and have not received the new one yet. Just called the state yesterday and they told me they were working through the backlog and had no idea when I would get my new license.
 
Posts: 195 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!


__________________________
Writing the next chapter that I've been looking forward to.
 
Posts: 11208 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Brad,
Went through this just about a year ago. It took the better part of 90 days.
Expire date was early December, I applied in November and got it late January or early February.


Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
 
Posts: 4108 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
A woman I shoot with every week got hers last July and she sent in the application the previous January.

Mrs. Flash sent her renewal in in July and we're still waiting for it.

The word is that the "workers" who do permits are all afraid of catching Covid so they're "working" from home.

Right. Before Covid, renewals in Arizona had around a 2 week turnaround. Now we've got close to 6 months.
 
Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem to be an issue with new CCWs. I got mine in less than 2 weeks and that was during the Holidays!
 
Posts: 55 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I should have updated sooner. I sent my renewal in the end of October and got my new card on Feb. 27th. After contacting the office in the middle of Jan. I waited and sent an e-mail the middle of Feb. A few days later on Feb. 20th I received a return e-mail stating it would be going out in the mail that day. It finally arrived on the 27th but showed postmarked on the 24th. At least it came and was dated for a start date back in November when it expired. No way to figure out what is going on.
 
Posts: 195 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by babue:
I should have updated sooner. I sent my renewal in the end of October and got my new card on Feb. 27th. After contacting the office in the middle of Jan. I waited and sent an e-mail the middle of Feb. A few days later on Feb. 20th I received a return e-mail stating it would be going out in the mail that day. It finally arrived on the 27th but showed postmarked on the 24th. At least it came and was dated for a start date back in November when it expired. No way to figure out what is going on.


I had to call them too after the expected time which I think was 6 months for the initial card. I called, talked to someone, and they said it will go out in the mail shortly which did happen. I felt like they were just sitting on it until I followed up with a phone call.



"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
 
Posts: 19482 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by babue:
I should have updated sooner. I sent my renewal in the end of October and got my new card on Feb. 27th. After contacting the office in the middle of Jan. I waited and sent an e-mail the middle of Feb. A few days later on Feb. 20th I received a return e-mail stating it would be going out in the mail that day. It finally arrived on the 27th but showed postmarked on the 24th. At least it came and was dated for a start date back in November when it expired. No way to figure out what is going on.


I had to call them too after the expected time which I think was 6 months for the initial card. I called, talked to someone, and they said it will go out in the mail shortly which did happen. I felt like they were just sitting on it until I followed up with a phone call.


I think you are right. If I had not contacted them a second time I doubt that they would have replied so quickly saying that the card would be going out in the mail right away. Darn poor way to run that office.
 
Posts: 195 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information on contacting them. I had not heard anything on my renewal for a couple months. I emailed them this morning, couple hours later I get a reply stating it will be sent out today. It does appear that you do need to contact them in order to get the renewal process moving.
 
Posts: 1281 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I believe its 90 days before expiration and 60 days after in Arizona
 
Posts: 1294 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
When I renewed mine, I sent it in about 2 months prior to expiration, and had the renewal in hand in about 3 weeks.
I have also heard people indicating it took quite a long time, and they only got it after pestering the state a time or two.

My guess, much like tax stamps for class III it depends who’s desk it gets put on, with some people working efficiently through the pile and others not so much

At least in AZ with constitutional carry, expiration and waiting isn’t much of a show stopper like in states where carry is prohibited without the permit
 
Posts: 3241 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I renewed my AZ permit this year. I think I had the new one in hand about three weeks from the day I mailed off the app and MO.
 
Posts: 3453 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
I renewed mine in April, about 2-1/2 months before expiration. I had my new card in less than two weeks.

They recommend you renew NO EARLIER than 3 months prior to expiration.



Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League
 
Posts: 2818 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Dropped in the mail 7/26. Renewal card received 8/5.
 
Posts: 10821 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I mailed my AZ renewal beginning of June - so it was over 2 months since and because I never heard back, I emailed them on wednesday (8/9) and they sent me an email letting me know that my permit would be mailed out yesterday....I guess if you followup they'll process your permit?




...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
 
Posts: 4326 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by babue:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Originally posted by babue:
I should have updated sooner. I sent my renewal in the end of October and got my new card on Feb. 27th. After contacting the office in the middle of Jan. I waited and sent an e-mail the middle of Feb. A few days later on Feb. 20th I received a return e-mail stating it would be going out in the mail that day. It finally arrived on the 27th but showed postmarked on the 24th. At least it came and was dated for a start date back in November when it expired. No way to figure out what is going on.


I had to call them too after the expected time which I think was 6 months for the initial card. I called, talked to someone, and they said it will go out in the mail shortly which did happen. I felt like they were just sitting on it until I followed up with a phone call.


I think you are right. If I had not contacted them a second time I doubt that they would have replied so quickly saying that the card would be going out in the mail right away. Darn poor way to run that office.


This is near identical to my experience. I called after 4 or 5 months and spoke with a female. I got the impression that my card was sitting on her desk. She asked my address and after I gave it to her she stated it would go out that day. Received it a few days later. I thought the whole deal was strange.


NRA Life Patron
 
Posts: 1896 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
So we have 4 identical experiences. I can’t put it on Democrat governor Hobbs since mine was under Ducey.

I’m thinking wtf.



"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
 
Posts: 19482 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Received at AZ DPS November 1. 2023 Emailed them on January 2nd as I gave them 2 months. Received email AND an automated call today that my renewal was approved January 4, 2024. Go figure Wink

The email also said it could take up to 30 days for USPS to deliver my new permit


__________________________
Writing the next chapter that I've been looking forward to.
 
Posts: 11208 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Arizona renewal questions

© SIGforum 2024