SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Resolved -- P320 MAX as a EDC? Possibly
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resolved -- P320 MAX as a EDC? Possibly Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted
Looking at acquiring the best Sig P320 for EDC. For some reason, the MAX appeals to me.

I carry OWB. Strong side. Under cover garment. I'm tall and able to conceal P229. Barrel length 5 vs. 4 inch doesn't seem to make a lot of difference with my cover garments.

Optic seems superb. Would help presbyopic eyes.

Magwell might be a visual printing concern. If removed, I wonder if standard P320 magazine would fit flush?

Not sure if any leather exists for the MAX model.

Weight doesn't matter. I carry lots of gear on the gunbelt already.

So, it is not a question of MAX vs. some other model. It is only a request for info on CCW the MAX.

Any thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5190 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Trigger is a little lighter, without the mag well standard 17rd mags fit depending on which base pad and I still prefer to have iron sights as a backup. If you want to keep the magwell and have a 17rd mag in the gun, get a Legion style base pad from Henning and it will fit but recessed a little. https://www.henningshop.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1426322 Henning makes these, or did, for Sig.

Otherwise, go for it.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8361 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The Romeo 3 Max is a competition optic only. It is very fragile in regards to drops, and once that's broke, there is no secondary sights or even dovetails to put iron sights on.

If you're that hellbent on trying to carry a TXG P320, stick with either the Legion and put something more durable like a Romeo 2 or a Romeo X optic for about the same price.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Thank you for pointing me to the P320 AXG Legion. Of particular importance is optics durability. Legion looks better for my intended application.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5190 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post