SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Maryland gun laws clarification
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maryland gun laws clarification Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
Please let me know if I am wrong.

1. I can possess a centerfire rifle that has a detachable magazine so long as it doesn't have two of the following.

(folding stock, grenade or flare launcher, flash suppressor)

and...

Is over 29" overall length.

2. I can own any semi automatic pistol with a magazine capacity 10 rounds or less?

3. I am allowed to possess my out-of-state purchased magazine greater than 10 rounds but cannot transfer them to anyone in state.

4. I can possess my legally-owned suppressors.

5. I believe my 12.5" SBR is more than 29" overall length, but it not I could add a fixed stock making it legal in state.

Am I on the right path?

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
In CT - active military are exempt from CT restrictions with Military ID.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
In CT - active military are exempt from CT restrictions with Military ID.

Wow, I'm reading the lower portions of the bill now and it indeed says, "active duty military is exempt from the provisions of this bill"

I feel silly now. Thank you for the heads up.

I'm not sure if the exemption is only for the concealed carry training portion or the prohibited "copycat" firearms. Found a website that leads me to believe one thing but I need to find it in the actual bill.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post