SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Banded Waist Shirts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Banded Waist Shirts Login/Join 
posted
I've carried concealed for over 40 years. I hear little discussion about the concealment advantages of banded waist shirts. Offered in solids and prints, elastic banded waists gives a casual, finished look not obtained with sloppy untucked tailed, or so-called tactical shirts. Banded waists easily cover IWB gear, yet afford quick access and look sharp. Good concealment requires subtle disguise. Banded waists are available in summer or winter weight stretchy fabrics. Not every retailer carries banded waist shirts. Online sellers, such as Blair, specialize in these styles. Try them if you're serious about daily concealed carry.

Posts: 265 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks; never knew there was such a thing other than sweatshirts.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Samps:
I've carried concealed for over 40 years. I hear little discussion about the concealment advantages of banded waist shirts. Offered in solids and prints, elastic banded waists gives a casual, finished look not obtained with sloppy untucked tailed, or so-called tactical shirts. Banded waists easily cover IWB gear, yet afford quick access and look sharp.

I've tried them and they tend to hinder the clearing of the waistband...also more likely to catch on the gun butt unless it is pulled tightly into the body. Of course, much depends on where on your waistband you are carrying and your choice of presentation technique.

I find that I've had the most consistentand unhindered presentation from an untucked shirt. It needn't be sloppy if the fit is correct.

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not every retailer carries banded waist shirts
I have some from Land's End.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30521 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, flapping shirttails and t-shirts worn to meetings or social gatherings look sloppy. I have carried concealed to business and family occasions for years and always look neat and well dressed with a banded waist(banded bottom) top. They are not effective with OWB holsters since they are designed to fit semi-snug, just below the belt line. If the strong hand simply raises the elasticized waist band up and over the pistol butt during the drawing motion, there is little chance of tangling with the weapon since the band will snug up toward the rib cage. I'm always amused by the commentators sporting vastly over sized shirts, boasting of their "tactical" advantage. I don't need to look like a slob when going armed. Banded bottom shirts have been around for decades. They are never marketed for concealed carry. They should be.

Posts: 265 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have carried concealed to business and family occasions for years and always look neat and well dressed with a banded waist(banded bottom) top

I usually wear at least a sport coat for business occasions

I don't think I'd dress like this to a business meeting...but then I don't know what kind of business you're involved in.

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14174 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had various meetings with salesmen, realtors, lawyers and other professionals-- instances where I prefer a finished appearance but carry concealed. These are business contacts, to my way of speaking.