SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Safariland 6354DO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safariland 6354DO? Login/Join 
posted
Looking at the Safariland 6354DO for a G45/RMR. Unfortynately nowhere near I can get my hands on one.

Anyone have this holster using a RMR? How tight is the gun to holster fit when no light mounted to gun?

Thanks

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 3ACR_Scout
posted Hide Post
I tried two variations in my 6354DO. First was a Brownells slide with RMR on a G19 frame. Even without a light, it is rock solid and barely moves in the holster. I’ll caveat that by saying that, in case you’re not aware, the 6354DO needs a bit of fitting to work with an RMR. I had to carve material away from both the main holster body and the hood that protects the optic in order to allow the pistol to insert far enough into the holster to lock into the ALS mechanism. Then I had to carve a little more to have enough play so I could unlock the ALS! You need a little bit of wiggle room to allow the lever to unlock. End result is a very snug fit if you’ve been cautious about only removing as much material from the holster as needed to allow the pistol to interface with the ALS.

Second thing I tried was just a plain G19 with no light or RMR. It still locked in and stayed secure even when wiggling it around in the holster. It has a fair amount of front-to-back play, tilting the pistol forward by the grip and then rocking back (when sitting vertically in the holster). However, the ALS still keeps it secure by locking into the top of the slide / ejection port, and I had to active the lever to draw the pistol from the holster.

Hope that helps!

"We are being slaughtered."

- Unidentified Insurgent, Operation Restoring Rights, Tall Afar, Iraq, September 2005

Posts: 128 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 6354DO no light from Copquest. Fast shipping, good service.

With the G45/milled stock slide/RMR I too had to do a little fitting. One top corner of the RMR was just barely hitting the hood. The ALS locked but it was tight. Easy fix with a heat gun, no big deal.

Like the holster, the ALS works great, very natural disengage.

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the same holster, great rig overall.
Everyone that I know who's bought the same, has remarked about a bit of shaving/fitting they've had to do depending on the optic.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I dont notice any difference in lock up when I remove my light. I had to modify for my RDS. Glock 17 with X300 and RMR.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9667 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post