SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    What is the best IWB clip design to work without a belt i.e. sweatpants, etc.?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best IWB clip design to work without a belt i.e. sweatpants, etc.? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
Really would appreciate folks sharing what has worked well for them with pants without belts.

Thanks!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
https://www.ulticlip.com/

These clips might be what you need.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Would this clip design do it for my P238?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Have you considered suspenders if no belt?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
See my post in the Pocket Pistol Suggestions thread, and the follow-up posts, for my answer.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Have you considered suspenders if no belt?

Not with sweatpants or athletic warm ups. Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
See my post in the Pocket Pistol Suggestions thread, and the follow-up posts, for my answer.

Okay, a PJ holster with ulticlip is your suggestion.

And that a FOMI clip is a no-go beltless....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Okay, a PJ holster with ulticlip is your suggestion.

If it would suit your requirements: Yes.

That UtiliClip really grips on shorts like those in my photo. In fact: I can't even reasonably close it over a jeans waistband with a very thin webbing belt.

As for PJ Holster: I cannot recommend him too highly.

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
And that a FOMI clip is a no-go beltless....

FOMI clips, and PJ Holster incorporates something like that in some of his designs, are meant to clip over belts. So I would expect not very secure belt-less. Particularly on the draw.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even with a clip that clamps against or bites into them, would sweat pants still stay up? Confused

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Even with a clip that clamps against or bites into them, would sweat pants still stay up? Confused

Mine do with the LCP in a very light Kydex holster. No problem. I doubt my Colt Defender, for example, would fare as well Wink

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
You have to cinch the waistband tie a bit tighter, depending on the weight of the pistol.

I do a G43 in sweats with a Vedder clip holster and it stays fine but you have cinch the Waite tighter than without.

Other option is a lightweight pistol in the pocket (LCP, LCR, alum or Scandium J-frame).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Not a clip-on holster but here it is anyway. I use a Smart Carry holster with sweat pants. I use it with my S&W 642 revolver and with my S&W Shield 9MM. https://www.smartcarry.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: yanici,

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2402 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With sweatpants? Yup! An old gun with a lanyard tied around the neck :-)

Posts: 68 | Registered: June 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bianchi makes a couple of IWB holsters with spring steel clips. I really like them for carrying while wearing sweat pants or shorts.

ETA: model 100 and model 6. The 6 works best for me with thinner clothing material and a lighter gun. I have worn the model 100 without a belt but it is heavier.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here's what I ended up with. Time will tell if I need to swap the clip to an Ulticlip. Smile
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/9460046464

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Sweat pants and a clip on holster! Walmart, here you come! Smile

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
Sweat pants and a clip on holster! Walmart, here you come! Smile

No... retired and handicapped. Sweatpants for in home comfort and always armed for sanity. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I use a fanny pack when I am wearing fitness pants.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's too late now,
but in this edition of American handgunner magazine,
Will Dabbs m.d. is reviewing the e.a.a. MC1911SC pistol. which is a 6+1 gun.

In the article he states that he wore it while wearing hospital scrubs, ( w/ drawstring)

He used an Alien gear holster and it worked well for him,

Unfortunately he did not specify the specific model of holster, but I found their web page.

https://aliengearholsters.com/holsters/sig-p238.html

body style or shape probably makes a big difference .

best of luck

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a Don Hume leather clip holster for less than $40 that I got from Gunner's Alley. The clip is tight and the holster light.

I don't use it often but here in SC sometimes I just came home from the gym and need to run out and don't want to change so I Clip & go.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post