SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Gun belts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun belts Login/Join 
posted
I have been carrying a gun almost every day since 1995.
I have never owned a real gun belt.
Recently I bought a new Light Tuck holster for my new P320. At the same time I ordered a gun belt from Vedder.
I can not believe the difference between a cheap leather belt and a reenforced gun belt.
My gun does not sag at all.
I am looking for a gun belt for my daughter.
Not sure if a reenforced gun belt works the same for a woman. With all the different curves.

Jeff

Posts: 402 | Location: NH | Registered: March 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’d look at The Beltman too.

https://www.thebeltman.net/

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shape of women's hips require a belt cut differently than a man's cut.
Hanks Belts makes a womens model.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have worn a Beltman belt in double-layered bullhide almost daily since 2006 and haven't felt the need for extra reinforcement. Even after all this time it is still plenty stiff for gun and accessory carrying. Eventually, any belt will conform to one's shape. I don't think it would be any different for women.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's unanimous
BeltMan.

Tell him that SigForum sent you

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsjac:
I have never owned a real gun belt. ...
I can not believe the difference between a cheap leather belt and a reenforced gun belt.
Jeff

I had the same realization about 3 or 4 yrs ago. My first was a Nexbelt. I really like the ratchet buckle system.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
From carrying a duty gun for 30 years I quickly discovered that separating your firearm from your pants belt was the hot setup when ever possible.
I now use a Alien Gear belly band.
One belt holds my pants up, the other supports my firearm and places it wherever I want it.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
The shape of women's hips require a belt cut differently than a man's cut.
Hanks Belts makes a womens model.

Love my Hank's belt and I've had it for years. Excellent quality.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For concealed carry use, I really dig the Tenicor Zero. No Velcro, no giant buckle, no super rigid insert. It's stiff enough to support a reasonable sized gun OWB or pretty much anything IWB/AIWB.

Probably the most surprising design I've ever seen.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another Beltman customer here. I have had 4 belts from them in the past 10 years. I beat the heck out of my belts. I just got a horsehide belt from them several months ago and it’s the best belt I’ve ever owned. Going to order another one soon.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Barbarian at the Gate
Picture of Belwolf
posted Hide Post
Another Beltman fan. Just bought my 2nd. My 1st is 18 years old and still usable for pants but not holsters (the back of it is getting cracked, so slipping it into holster slots is making it worse).

Neither have reinforcement it isn't needed.

“Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.”
― John Adams

"Fire can be our friend; whether it's toasting marshmallows, or raining down on Charlie."
- Principal Skinner.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Thonotosassa, FL | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I own two Beltman belts and they are fantastic. I have a physical job and it's hot here in FL so the belt takes in a lot of sweat. I don't know what this will do long term but I can tell you that one of the belts is 3 years old and doesn't show much sign of deteriorating just yet.

A friend just gifted me one of these KORE belts and I've been tinkering with it. Not much time with a gun clipped on it yet, but I think it's a very cool design and they offer less tactical options. Incremental adjustments are nice and it seems well built. You trim them down to your belt size so you dont need to be worried about buying the right size.

https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
I own two Beltman belts and they are fantastic. I have a physical job and it's hot here in FL so the belt takes in a lot of sweat. I don't know what this will do long term but I can tell you that one of the belts is 3 years old and doesn't show much sign of deteriorating just yet.

Get some Obenauf's Leather oil and the paste version from Beltman or Obenauf's site.

I have use it on my Beltman belt for the same reason, humidity and sweating and mine have lasted over a decade and still going.
Great stuff.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m very happy with my belts from:

https://agcustomgunleather.com...y-leather-gun-belts/

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
It's unanimous
BeltMan.

Sure isn't unanimous.

Tried to order a belt from him to match some boots I had coming in. He answered e-mail fine but when I asked him for a picture of the leather to see how dark it was, he said look at the pictures the customers posted.

Seemed kind of flippant to me so I didn't order from him. I'm sure his business won't hurt without my money, though.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
Non ratchet I vote Milt Sparks. Ratchet type, I'd go Nexbelt.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

It's unanimous
BeltMan.

Sure isn't unanimous.

Tried to order a belt from him to match some boots I had coming in. He answered e-mail fine but when I asked him for a picture of the leather to see how dark it was, he said look at the pictures the customers posted.

Seemed kind of flippant to me so I didn't order from him. I'm sure his business won't hurt without my money, though.
The first gun belt I bought was from BeltMan. I had a lot of questions, and he was very patient and answered them all. However, I think that you are dealing with a different person. I believe that the previous BeltMan sold the company and the non-answers to your questions are coming from somebody other than the "real" BeltMan.

I have belts from BeltMan, Ryan Grizzle, Wilderness, and Armour. They are all great, they all do the job. Aesthetically, I think that Ryan's are the nicest looking. Functionally, they all work fine, with one note: If you are using the belt for an OWB holster with a heavy gun, like maybe a P220 ST, the Armour is probably the strongest in terms of keeping the holster where you want it to be. IWB, doesn't seem to make that much difference.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Blue Alpha.. Hybrid models..

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for NexBelt. Works well.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Kore Essentials

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post