SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Any of you guys using the Total Concealment Urban Carry G3 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any of you guys using the Total Concealment Urban Carry G3 ? Login/Join 
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted
I thing I like the idea of the pistol sitting below my waistline in the area of my front right pants pocket rather than my gut when I sit, although I've never tried one. Thoughts? PS, I'm in NY, and must carry concealed. Thanks.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
At the recommendation of one of my shooting buddies who has used that holster for years, I ordered one to try out.

My reason was to use it when in business slacks and a tucked in shirt. Usually, I would use a tuckable holster but wanted to give the Urban Carry a try.

After 3 weeks I decided it just wasn't for me. The company was very good to deal with and had great email confirmations, and the return process was effortless.

What didn't I like?

First was the belt clip and fold over magnet, which was just too big and bulky (for me). The first time I got dressed and was walking out the door my wife immediately said "what is that black square thing on your belt?

Next was printing. My Hellcat with the flush magazine was clearly obvious through the thin dress slacks material even with the pleated front. Maybe something like a S&W J-frame may work better??

The comfort was so so. Walking around was ok, but sitting in the car and driving any distance the bulk of the gun started to become uncomfortable.

I think if the belt clip and magnet was less obvious I would have stuck with it, but in comparison the tuckable belt clip IWB holsters just seem to work better for me and definitely conceal better.

Just my $0.02 review, and like I said my friend swears by his and has used it for years.

Posts: 3586 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply GCE. I’m surprised it was most uncomfortable sitting and driving. I would have thought just the opposite. I guess a shoulder holster would be best for that, but clearly has its disadvantages as well. I’d love to find a “loaner” for a week or two.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7517 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post