SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Milt Sparks IWBs and remembering the holster they repaired
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milt Sparks IWBs and remembering the holster they repaired Login/Join 
posted
Milt Sparks recently sent 2 VM2 holsters for my Sig 239-9 and M11A1 and as usual their work was flawless. The wait was 8 months but it is fine as I take it in stride using other holsters until they arrived.

I have found the photos of the holster I dropped while cleaning an Sig outside in 2015, which was on the ground in rain for around 3 months before I found it. I sent it to Milt Sparks as you see, covered in green algae and mold.

I had the pictures in Dropbox. The photos beside them are of the holster on its return, I believe.

Milt Sparks would take no money for their repair.

I posted about it with photos here in 2015 and just came across the photos again so thought some newer members here might appreciate seeing them.

Before:

https://share.icloud.com/photo...hdYnfJBNoDlFHMTXLcyQ

After:

https://share.icloud.com/photo...QsKBQ4EwMnnNRJ_KH1qw

Posts: 2564 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the story. I've been buying from Sparks since the early Seventies. They've never forgotten their roots. Used to be just Milt making holsters and Mrs. Sparks handling the books. Tom Kanaley has continued the worthy traditions.

Got a handwritten note from her once. Apologized for fact that my order would be later than expected. Her and Milt were in a match at Gunsite with Jeff Cooper. Priceless... Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Very nice story! My IWB holster needs are met by using a Sparks SSII, my OWB holster needs are met by using a Kramer horsehide belt scabbard.

As good as it gets - my opinion of course!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1916 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Summer Special for my 1911 is over 20 years old and still going strong.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16272 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I've been using Milt Sparks holsters for over 25 years. There is a reason they have an eight month weight. Everything they make is excellent.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4243 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I also like Milt Sparks leather.
I got a special custom revolver holster done in Cordovan cowhide, and black/grey Elephant trim.
I do wish they would have used horsehide instead of cowhide. I asked, Sparks said NO.
My only bitch with Sparks is that the advertised wait time is nowhere close to reality.
To keep people ordering, they will always lie.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1557 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rollah
Picture of Replacement Tommel
posted Hide Post
Had a bunch of VM2s for two of my SIG 229s. Good stuff.

-Tom

"For the cause that lacks assistance/The wrong that needs resistance/For the Future in the distance/And the Good that I can do" - George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Posts: 10567 | Location: Boyertown, PA USA | Registered: July 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love it! Milt Sparks Holsters is one of my favorite makers.

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6720 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post