SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Sig P938
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P938 Login/Join 
posted
I have a P938 and am trying to find a reliable self defense round. Those of you that carry a P938, what self defense ammo have you found that feeds reliably without nose diving into the feed ramp. I have no issues with FMJ, but am having problem with hollow points. Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Location: New Windsor Maryland | Registered: April 03, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run Federal 124 gr HST in either P or +P without any issues. I have never tried any other hollowpoint ammunition.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackdogactual:

what self defense ammo have you found that feeds reliably without nose diving into the feed ramp. I have no issues with FMJ, but am having problem with hollow points.
What hollow points are causing your problems?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31128 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delayed reply. I have tried Hornady American Gunner 124 +P XTP and Underwood 124 +P XTP hollow points. I have also tried Underwood Xtreme Defenders 90 grain +P. All three of those will nose drive into the feed ramp. Since my original post I have polished the feed ramp and have some Federal HST 124 +P, but have not been able to shoot yet. Hopefully I will get out this weekend to try the polished ramp and HST’s.

Posts: 2 | Location: New Windsor Maryland | Registered: April 03, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I ran Federal 124gr HSTs and 124gr Speer Gold dots in mine without any issues. For finicky guns, I’ve found Hornady Critical Defense to be a great choice.

Posts: 3009 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I was shooting 147 grain standard pressure Federal HST ammo, then switched to the 147 grain standard pressure Winchester "T" series, as the later has noticeably less muzzle flash and seems to shoot softer. Both functioned perfectly.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10242 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I have a Kimber Micro 9 that shoots the Speer 147 HST well, BUT will nosedive the first round on an 8 round mag. All others work flawlessly, and once you bash the slide forward on that 8 rounder, it too runs like a champ. I switched to the same round in 124 grain and had no issues.
My ramp was polished to a mirror finish after I noticed this issue and it helps, all except the first round.

Posts: 292 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
124 grain Gold Dot, no problem for my 938.

-c1steve

Posts: 4107 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
When I had a P938 I found it to be reliable with 124gr Federal HST and 124gr Gold Dots. I chose to carry the non +P HST version as I found it easier to control. I use the same rounds in my P365 and use the +P in my larger (Glock 19+) sized firearms.

Posts: 3009 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
124g hst. Never had any issues with any ammo though.

Posts: 2758 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post