SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    SIG P224 in P228/P229 Holster
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P224 in P228/P229 Holster Login/Join 
posted
I have owned handguns from age 18 (Canada) and age 21 (once I moved to US). Yet, given that NYC only recently began issue of CCWs post Bruen to commoners, I am a neophyte as to anything pertaining to concealed carry.

I do want to purchase a JM Custom Enigma Shell for my SIG P224; however, they do not have an offering for this firearm with specificity.

Nevertheless, they do have holsters marked for P228/P229. Will such holster fit the P224 with slightly different dimensions?
In response to my email query, JM System replied that they have neither familiarity with the P224 nor do they have a mold for the P224.

Posts: 388 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry my 224 sas in a TT Gun Leather aiwb holster, he has the mold and has other offerings if aiwb isn’t your thing. Tim is a good guy and easy to deal with.

Posts: 1677 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
A Sig 224 is a Sig 229 with a smaller grip. The frames of the 224 and 229 are the same. 224 slide is shorter by .25 inch, has full height serrations. These are no rail aluminum frames—224 or 229.

Posts: 2366 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Vedder holsters out of Florida offers holsters specific for Sig 224.

Posts: 2366 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 94hokie:
I carry my 224 sas in a TT Gun Leather aiwb holster, he has the mold and has other offerings if aiwb isn’t your thing. Tim is a good guy and easy to deal with.

Thank you

I typically greatly prefer leather instead of Kydex. I have a leather holster for time at which I wear business suit. Yet in most instances the Phlster Enigma is what allows me greatest concealment absent need for gun belt with no clips visable on belt.

Posts: 388 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
A Sig 224 is a Sig 229 with a smaller grip. The frames of the 224 and 229 are the same. 224 slide is shorter by .25 inch, has full height serrations. These are no rail aluminum frames—224 or 229.

Can I just purchase holster molded for P229 and have such fit despite different positions in holster where trigger guard will meet holster trigger guard mold and beefier slide on P224?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Vedder holsters out of Florida offers holsters specific for Sig 224.

Vedder Holster is not, at least easily, compatible with Enigma holster system. I just did note that Garrett Holsters has an Enigma compatible holster for P224 model.

Know much about Garrett Holsters?

Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Sig 224 is essentially a Sig 229. A 224 will fit in a 229 leather holster. The frames of a 224 and a 229 are the same- same trigger guard, same length, same width. Slides are essentially the same- same width, same height.