SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Closed cell foam used for wedges.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Closed cell foam used for wedges. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
Does anyone know what type of foam is used by makers for foam wedges?

I want to buy a sheet of it and make my own. I ordered a sample piece from ebay, but it is way too soft and fragile.

Is it neoprene?
The one wedge that I have from a maker is sort of like a yoga mat. Maybe I should just buy a yoga mat and cut it up lol.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I don't know. But you can buy just the wedge from Mastermind Tactics. Theirs is pretty durable and comfortable.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37079 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I don't know. But you can buy just the wedge from Mastermind Tactics. Theirs is pretty durable and comfortable.

Mastermind Tactics is where I actually got the one I have from. I ordered the foam pad rather than the wedge, but I was thinking of buying the material in bulk and cutting it in various shapes and sized as a trial and error for the various holsters I have.

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Check McMASTER-CARR under "Raw Materials". They have just about anything you can imagine, including various configurations of open/closed cell foam, EDPM foam, rolled, sheet, thicknesses, etc.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the heel portion of add on boot insoles, foam from a army sleeping pad with guerilla glue and electric tape for good measure.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post