SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    Freedom Holsters LLC, review w/pictures
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freedom Holsters LLC, review w/pictures Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
For my CZ P-01. Surprisingly, I had to do some searching for a holster maker showing this gun. This is what they call their "Advanced Inside of the Waistband." It has an angle adjustment for the clip, which I left vertical because I carry AIWB. The stabilizing claw extension is an option, which I did get. They offer padding and wedges for the body side but I didn't get them. Perhaps I should have. The high ride makes the butt want to lean out a little, but not a deal killer.

Front view

Back view

A couple of things irked me. The estimated wait time, at the time I placed my order, they said, was 2-3 weeks, but it took six. I realize the nature of the custom holster business and that it was only an estimate, but that was a little bit far off the mark. Much more irksome, the lower rear corner, against my body, rubbed and poked very uncomfortably. I contacted them using their form and they (credit here) replied quickly. I suggested that this part either should be bent inwards or even cut away altogether. They apologized and said I could send it back, but would have no problem if I did it myself. So I took a heat gun, a 3/8" drive socket extension for a form, heated up the corner and bent it in at the point circled.

After doing this, it became comfortable and I am now pleased with it.

https://freedomholstersllc.com...aistband-holster-iwb

Posts: 27940 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post