SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    How do you handle a hug?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you handle a hug? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Smartcarry. They think it's me.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rosie, the Corgi,
is my copilot
posted Hide Post
You are putting too much thought into it.

Posts: 3672 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I just hug them. Don't do anything different.
Sure, people have got a feel of it, never had anyone say anything.

Yup. Who cares. Here, about every third person may have a pistola on them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Before I joined the "X" club, my wife and youngest daughter gave me hugs.

Was almost 8 years before my wife made contact with the pistol.

I was putting gas in her car and she stepped past me to toss something in the trash can as I was puttin the nozzle back and she "caught me" by surprise, and I did not get my "deflection" in time.

She asked; "Is that a gun?! I said "Yes". She asked "When do you start carrying that?!" I told her "Everyday for almost eight years." She said: "I never knew." Daughter found out from her mother.

Concealed means concealed.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Oh yea, returning to work after a vacation. A female co-worker came at me blathering something about how glad she was that I was back. (she despised my fill in)
I glance up and see Her, full speed ahead, arms outreached going high, I went low... but not low enough, she was shorter and I was at a bit of an angle to her. My left hand made it over her right arm and around her back, but My right hand landed fully on her rather ample left side boob. Oh well, too late to adjust now. Hug and squeezes continued and she didn't even flinch... but she never hugged me ever again!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
I just hug them. Don't do anything different.
Sure, people have got a feel of it, never had anyone say anything.

Yup. Who cares. Here, about every third person may have a pistola on them.

Yup, anyone I hug assumes I am carrying.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually turn my gun side away and hug with the other side, even if they try to hug the other way, I lead the issue, kind of like leading while dancing.
I also usually put my gun side hand down over my piece so they could not make contact with it.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Putting my hand down over my gun is something I have been doing lately. It seems to work.

Posts: 7521 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Most people I am hugging know me well enough to know I could be carrying. So I don't worry. If it bothers you, go low, get under their outstretched arms.

IF YOU AREN'T HANDLOADING, YOU AREN'T SHOOTING ENOUGH!
NRA Instruc: Basic Pistol & Met Reloading

Posts: 7789 | Location: ca, usa | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Lean into it if you see it coming. More shoulder, less waist.

Or if busted, just say you're "happy to see them".

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an old girlfriend hug me and hit me with the Mae West line "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" I told when I carry the gun is behind my left hip. She thought that was an hysterical answer.

Posts: 116 | Location: State of Confusion | Registered: August 15, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Politely explain that you are a “carrier” and the CDC thinks it might be contagious. Chances are you will not get a hug.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post