SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  CCW Methods & Issues    IN . . . VA . . . Corps of Eng . . . . Shooting Drills/Standards. . . . Handgunlaw.us
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IN . . . VA . . . Corps of Eng . . . . Shooting Drills/Standards. . . . Handgunlaw.us Login/Join 
Picture of Gary Slider
posted
Indiana – Indiana Attorney General put out an Opinion stating that under Indiana Code, a city, county, or other political subdivision is prohibited from restricting the sale of firearms during an emergency declaration.
https://www.handgunlaw.us/docu...sDuringEmergency.pdf

Virginia - Effective July 1. Legislation has been signed that adds Stun Guns to weapons that those with a Valid Permit/License to Carry can carry them while on school property without unloading and securing it as long as they don’t exit the vehicle with it. This was been allowed for firearms previously. You can view the bill at
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-b...?201+ful+SB173ER+pdf

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is proposing changing the rules for carrying legal firearms on their property. Here is a little of what they want to change and there is more info at the link below.
Specifically, the proposed revision would remove the requirement that an individual obtain written permission before possessing a weapon on a Corps project, which is a requirement except when the possession occurs for certain authorized recreation purposes. In doing so, the revised regulation would permit an individual to possess a weapon and associated ammunition when the possession both complies with the Federal, state, and local law where the project is located, and the individual is not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing the weapon. This change would reduce the burden on the public by eliminating the requirement to obtain written permission before possessing a weapon, but it would not change the fact that individuals already may, at present, possess weapons on Corps projects if they receive appropriate permission.
https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=COE-2018-0008

Handgunlaw.us – is assembling a list of Safe Storage/Access by Minors statute/s for each state. We are going to add this to the Airport Carry/Misc. Information Section on each states page. Handgunlaw.us would appreciate you looking at the PDF file at
https://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Storage Laws.pdf
and give us your feedback or any omissions/errors/etc that we have so far. Everyone should be aware that some Access to Minors or Prohibited persons can be easily overlooked in some situations. Some states, with hearing about Colorado the most, have cited people with a permit for having a firearm in a vehicle Glove box etc (perfectly legal) but that was within reach of a Minor or Prohibited person in the front seat. Handgunlaw.us recommends keeping the firearm out of prohibited persons reach in a vehicle at all times and not just where it can be illegal. We have looked at the different states statutes but sometimes these types of statutes are not found in the gun laws of the state but in other areas and overlooked. Thank you for any assistance you can give us in our search for more info on this subject. admins@handgunlaw.us

Handgunlaw.us - We have also added a half dozen Drills and five Standards to our listing of Handgun Drills and Standards in the last 6 months. They can be accessed with a link in the lower left column at www.handgunlaw.us There are also a couple links to other sites at the top of the Drills Document that go to other listings of Drills. If you are looking for Drills to practice or what Qualifications different groups us these two Documents will give you what you are looking for. I thought I had added the MAG 40/80 Qualification as I have attended both those classes by Massad Ayoob. That was back in the last century when it was called LFI. Bragging on myself now but I do have 2 one dollar bills signed by Mas. Those who have attended any of his classes will know what that means. I got those two bills shooting a S&W 3913/14 which has been my main carry gun for 30+ years. NEVER has there been a better CCW firearm made!! That should get some fiery feedback! LOL Everyone has their favorite firearm that is the better than anything else’s!

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 489 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary Slider
posted Hide Post
http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Storage_Laws.pdf is the correct link to Storage Laws Document

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Posts: 489 | Location: New Martinsville, WV | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post