SIGforum
Driving while carrying appendix

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/830601935/m/1120043374

August 10, 2020, 07:03 PM
Phred
Driving while carrying appendix
Those of you who carry appendix, how do you position the gun/holster while driving? Do you put the seatbelt over the gun, sandwiching the gun between you and the seatbelt?

Or do you put the seatbelt behind the gun, so that the seatbelt is up against your body?

Or...?
August 10, 2020, 07:50 PM
Nismo
the bottom belt goes over the whole waistline. The top belt doesn't contact the gun at all.
August 10, 2020, 07:53 PM
mark60
I put the lap belt portion between the gun and my body. Belt against body with the gun in front of the belt, accessible.
August 10, 2020, 07:58 PM
Aglifter
My main concern would be what happens in an accident? I still use a wilderness tactical holster over my seat belt, in urban areas, but I saw “something” about having an hard object between you and an airbag was a bad idea.

I suspect, given the bruises most folks get, that could also be true of a seatbelt.
August 10, 2020, 08:18 PM
Nismo
I dont think its the airbag that is the concern, but the tightening of the lap belt over the hard gun.

I keep the lap belt over the belt line and gun(keeping my shirt out to allow access) because if I were to tuck the belt behind the gun, the seatbelt would now be resting higher up on my belly, and Im sure that will probably be a bigger issue if I were to get in an accident.