Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV Head Phones Login/Join 
Picture of bushpilot
posted
I need a pair for me to be able to enjoy the show since I am becoming a little hard of hearing and my wife complains if the TV volume is too high. With the grandkids always at my knee it is tough.

Don't want to kill the speakers on the TV but need to be able to hear Recommendations please.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I have a old pair of RCA 900mhz cordless that I've used for years and they work good.

I have hearing aids from the VA now and I can stream the TV sound to my hearing aids. They gave me a tv streamer and it works good but I use the old headphone they have more bass and sound better

Posts: 13021 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Sennheiser. RF headphones don't lag like most bluetooth ones.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Mother uses TV Ears and seems to like them...she's been using them for years. I've found over-the-ear headphones for much cheaper on Amazon, though.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I bought a Bluetooth adapter and connected it to my DirecTV receiver. Paired a pair of LG earbuds, but you could use any bluetooth headset.

ETA: This is the adapter/transmitter I use. Very LOW latency. I can't detect any delay in on screen and the sound. Highly recommended. Can pair two separate bluetooth devices. Does not kill speaker from the TV.
MEE AUDIO UNIVERSAL TRANSMITTER.
https://www.amazon.com/MEE-aud...nology/dp/B016NIOOH2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I use the Bluetooth adapter also but it will kill the external speakers when in use. There is however a very slight lag, hardly noticeable but there nonetheless. Certainly not in the area of the old Chinese Kung Fu movies where you see their lips move and a second or two later hear the words Big Grin

Edited to add...I have a Sharp Aquios TV and when you plug into the headphone jack, it mutes the external tv speakers, maybe other brands don't.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I have some of the answers I needed.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post