SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    NOW THAT'S ATTENTION TO DETAIL....VR Gun Club Observation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NOW THAT'S ATTENTION TO DETAIL....VR Gun Club Observation Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
So like most of us trigger pullers I have lots of ways to scratch the itch beyond range time. Dry fire drills, laser cartridges, airguns etc.

We also have an Occlus Quest VR headset and I have the VR Shooting range game. Is it gonna teach you to shoot....HEEEEELLLLL NOOOOO!!! Is it wicked fun with major attention to detail, absolutely.

So an example of the attention to detail. I am running a stage with a Beretta 92, I run to slide lock, I kick off a PERFECT reload run the slide and re-engage to a click....click...click WTF I just reloaded!!!!!! Wait for it......

I SWIPED THE SAFETY ON THE SLIDE DURING THE RELOAD!!!!! Holy crap, that is attention to gaming detail. Big props. Big Grin

Honestly if you could marry a "real firearm replica/conversion or whatever" to a VR system such as this you really could have an intense experience.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do you have a link to the game

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s called Gun Club VR and is a multi platform game. I have it on our Quest and when I try to link to it, it takes me to the app.

Just search for Gun Club VR.

Like I said it’s no training aid or anything of the sort but it’s a fun time on a virtual range with a HUGE variety of real world weapons and gear. I am currently running a P30L with a TLR1 and 17 round magazines.....that in of itself is pretty amazing.

Posts: 7847 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen this for PSVR and I think its even for sale at the moment. Might entice me to pick it up.

Posts: 3101 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
It’s a lot of fun. Think of as a virtual “Hogan’s Alley”. With some other stuff like a sandbox where you can set up spinners, dueling trees etc.

It’s not a FPS per say. It is a lot of fun though and I am fairly astounded by the detail put in the weapon models. For example the Maxim 9 slide is shown on the two recoil rods and the Mark 23 has a LAM and suppressor out of the box. There are “levels” that are flashlight night shoots as well, although they are missing that “shooters fog” and light splash you get in real shooting.

I have mostly messed with the pistols as they “feel” right. The long guns, as in most VR games take getting used to and never “feel right”

I am playing in “Hardcore” mode. No target prompts, no reload prompts, lasers only show a dot on target etc.

I think I paid like $20-$24 bucks??? And feel I have more then gotten my moneys worth.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Shotguns are typical video game shotguns with a huge spread at close range. Lever guns are fun to use.