SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Quiet Place part 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Quiet Place part 2 Login/Join 
posted
Took the family to see this yesterday. We all really enjoyed it.

All of the characters were “believable”. No spinning back kicks or other super-human feats.

We all had the same part that was stupid and obviously only there as a plot device.

Otherwise I thought it was well acted, perfect amount of scary, and well paced.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Underdog,

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And they were even nice enough to include the back story of "day 1" of the disaster (which the original movie didn't). I went in with low expectations, but it was surprisingly entertaining.

Posts: 43 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: May 31, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underdog:
Took the family to see this yesterday. We all really enjoyed it.

I didn't care for it. I didn't see Quiet Place 1 though. Emily Blunt looked too good for surviving through a monster apocalypse—I guess her husband couldn't have her appearing too wrecked on film.

My main problem is that I grew up on a steady diet of '70s and '80s horror films—ones you CAN'T (or SHOULDN'T) take a family to. I miss those. I'm tired of these four-quadrant crowd pleasers. Modern horror can't compete, in my book. Can we go back to the bloody practical rated R effects of Alien or Aliens with creatures rocketing out of people's abdomens? Remember The Thing, Re-Animator, American Werewolf in London, Evil Dead II, Scanners, Dawn of the Dead '79, Phantasm... I want to go back to those days, man!

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Quiet?

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
@lastcubscout- yes, it’s not a super scary movie like the ones you described. It also had way less of a budget.

I would say the lead female- mom character looked right to me. After all they were living at home and had electricity-water.

You may have liked it more if you’d seen part 1. The entire backstory on the dad and the daughter was something you didn’t get from the part 1 flashback in part 2

Part 1 is on Amazon for rent if you’re at all interested.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MASig:
And they were even nice enough to include the back story of "day 1" of the disaster (which the original movie didn't). I went in with low expectations, but it was surprisingly entertaining.

First- welcome to the forum!

I think you nailed it. Go in with low expectations… lol

There’s going to be a part three. I hope its as good and it wraps up there. I think even a part three is pushing it a bit.

posted Hide Post
I liked Quiet Place 1 a lot. Quiet Place 2 was just OK. Seemed to me like it was made up of stuff left on the cutting room floor from 1. They could have added the 10 minutes of the back story to the original and had a totally satisfying movie.

Tony

Posts: 306 | Registered: December 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonydec:
I liked Quiet Place 1 a lot. Quiet Place 2 was just OK. Seemed to me like it was made up of stuff left on the cutting room floor from 1. They could have added the 10 minutes of the back story to the original and had a totally satisfying movie.

I agree, part one could have been a bit longer and encapsulated the entire story. I think it’s being stretched out.

posted Hide Post
The wife and I saw this last night at a local theater and it was not bad but the ending I didn't care for,( I will not ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet). It was a short movie as well.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post