SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DCS World Carrier Ops
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DCS World Carrier Ops Login/Join 
posted
It's amazing how real games can look nowadays.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This looks so good I'm ready to learn the hornet now.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Looks good

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Looks good

What's your set up for stick and throttle in DCS?

Thanks,
JP

Posts: 2046 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
quote:
Looks good

Thanks,
JP

I fly with a Virpil WarBRD base with a 7.5cm extension and a Thrustmaster Hornet grip and the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle. Under the desk is MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. Also use TrackIR for head tracking. Waiting on the Winwing hornet throttle to be back in stock in the near future.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by weiser09:
I fly with a Virpil WarBRD base with a 7.5cm extension and a Thrustmaster Hornet grip and the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle. Under the desk is MFG Crosswind rudder pedals. Also use TrackIR for head tracking. Waiting on the Winwing hornet throttle to be back in stock in the near future.

Nice setup! I have a Thrustmaster T16000M stick and matching HOTAS. Not nearly as nice as yours.

I really need/want to find time to learn this sim.

JP

Posts: 2046 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just jump in. I know lots of guys who fly with the 16000M and it's totally good enough.

The game is free and for $50 you can get the FC3 pack (F-15C, A-10A, SU-27, SU-33, Mig-29A, Mig-29S, and SU-25). They're not high fidelity but they're capable, fun, and great value for money.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I upgraded to the VKB stick and rudder pedals with a Virpil throttle. Not aircraft specific, but all good stuff. I also went VR and it's mental how good it is.

Are you flying online multiplayer anywhere?

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Oh no, I thought the App quality looked good. I don’t play but I’m sure the HOTAS controller must be quite elaborate. Couldn’t imagine enjoying it via keyboard..
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
quote:
Looks good

Thanks,
JP

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1gkek:
quote:

I upgraded to the VKB stick and rudder pedals with a Virpil throttle. Not aircraft specific, but all good stuff. I also went VR and it's mental how good it is.

Are you flying online multiplayer anywhere?

Honestly I don't have enough time to get super compentent flying the Hornet to fly combat missions online now. I 'll fly on the aerobatic server when I want to fly with real people, but combat is single player for now. Getting ready to start the Raven One campaign soon.

Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
One of the things I am looking forward to when I retire is really diving in to DCS. I have a pretty good set up, both PC and control-wise. I just need to get into the control mapping and working the VR kinks out. I've taken a few planes on sightseeing trips and it is just amazing.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16188 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone looking to pick up a module for DCS, they're having a sale.