SIGforum
Saw My Cousin Vinny Again Today

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9680040344

June 13, 2018, 05:14 PM
CoolRich59
Saw My Cousin Vinny Again Today
I had not seen this movie for years and years, but watched it again today. Joe Pesci is great, but I had forgotten just how good Fred Gwynne and Marisa Tomei also are in this movie.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
June 13, 2018, 05:46 PM
Ryanp225
One of my favorite silly movies.
The "deer lips" scene was my favorite.
June 13, 2018, 06:15 PM
Jelly
That is a great movie.
June 13, 2018, 06:35 PM
tk13
It is possible that the two yutes...
June 13, 2018, 07:18 PM
Rey HRH
You can't post a thread about this movie without the defining scene.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
June 13, 2018, 07:23 PM
Blackmore

Truth: The New Hate Speech
June 13, 2018, 07:37 PM
tk13
Love the shirt ^^^^^^^^^^
June 13, 2018, 07:42 PM
2000Z-71
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:

Thanks for posting that it gives me a great idea. Me and a couple of other archers were talking about making up jerseys with sponsor logos. The whole thing was going to be very tongue in cheek way of mocking some of those that look more like NASCAR drivers than archers with their jerseys and gear totally plastered with logos. We were going to do the same but with, "Fictional" sponsors; Bob's Country Bunker, Bushwood Country Club, Chico's Bailbonds, Ray's Music Exchange, Omar's Garage. Now I can add the law firm of Vincent Gambini to the list!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.
June 13, 2018, 07:46 PM
YellowJacket

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
June 13, 2018, 08:17 PM
mark60
One of the few movies I can watch over and over again and not just because I fell in love with Marisa Tomei the first time I saw it.
June 13, 2018, 08:20 PM
CoolRich59
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
You can't post a thread about this movie without the defining scene.

Absolutley. I particularly liked when Pesci declares Tomei a hostile witness.

Gambini: Your Honor, may I have permission to treat Ms. Vito as a hostile witness?

Vito: You think I'm hostile now, wait 'til you see me tonight.

Judge Haller: Do you two know each other?

Gambini: Yeah, she's my fiancée.

Judge Haller: Well, that would certainly explain the hostility. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
June 13, 2018, 08:22 PM
NK402
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

You beat me to it! My favorite line from the movie. My brother, an attorney, says he used clips from the movie to teach new lawyers courtroom procedure.
June 13, 2018, 08:33 PM
dsiets
-Y'all want something?
/looks at menu/
Mona Lisa Vito -Hmmmm, breakfast?
Vinny - Ya think? Good choice. We'll take two.

It's the little scenes in this movie that tickle me.
June 13, 2018, 08:56 PM
ss9961
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
One of the few movies I can watch over and over again and not just because I fell in love with Marisa Tomei the first time I saw it.

Me too. And she won an Oscuh.
June 13, 2018, 11:16 PM
smschulz
quote:
Originally posted by ss9961:
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

Me too. And she won an Oscuh.

I always had a crush on her too. Smile
June 13, 2018, 11:24 PM
TMats
You had forgotten about Marisa Tomei?!?

June 14, 2018, 05:41 AM
Marc in FL
I could use a good ass-kickin', I'll be very honest with you... nah, I think I'll just go with the two hundred...

One of my favorite movies ever. It always reminds me of the culture shock I went through upon leaving NYC and heading to my first duty station in Alabama.
June 14, 2018, 09:15 AM
jhe888
It is an excellent movie. It is much more realistic than most movies that include courtroom scenes, so it doesn't make lawyers cringe.

I have always wanted to say in court: "I got no more use for dis guy" when done crossing a witness.

And Tomei is as appealing as they get.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
June 14, 2018, 09:20 AM
YellowJacket
one more gem... the stuttering lawyer played by Austin Pendleton.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.
June 14, 2018, 09:58 AM
oddball
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It is an excellent movie. It is much more realistic than most movies that include courtroom scenes, so it doesn't make lawyers cringe.

A while back, I read that attorneys considered My Cousin Vinny to be the most realistic film in regards to the inside of a courtroom, particularly the interaction between Pesci and Gwynne.

I never tire of this movie. Well written, this film hits all of the marks. Pesci and Tomei had great chemistry. Excellent support cast.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965