Find
Notify
Tools

MotoGP 2022 Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
After stewing over the news of Bagnaia's DUI, it pisses me off even more. Sure nobody was injured...this time! I truly appreciate his skill on the Duc and I'd love to see him in the championship, but I can't in good conscience support a racer that could have killed someone off track by being stupid. Yes, he's still young. That however is not an excuse. If he's smart enough to make it to the big leagues, he should be smart enough to call someone to take him home after having some alcohol.

In all honesty, I think every single DUI should be an immediate revocation of all driving PRIVELEGE's, regardless of what country you are in or who you are. I think people would be a little more serious about getting a ride set up before possibly changing theirs and others lives forever.

Just a few weeks ago while coming back from picking up a motorcycle from Florida, I had a drunken idiot nearly take my wife and I out on I-95 crossing from NC back into VA. Asshole was so drunk he was swerving between both northbound lanes at a speed of about 35 MPH. Utter stupidity. Called the VSP line and reported him as we were coming into VA. Hopefully VSP got his ass off the road after I was able to get around him. Yeah, I have no love for drunk drivers. Riding a motorcycle has upped my disgust for them and those who text and drive.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Dummy “celebrated” with some friends and ended up crashing his car after drinking alcohol. I’m not a fan of DUI’s so i think he needs to lose all sponsorship as well as his seat at Ducati. Bags could easily have hurt or killed someone, all because he’s not smart enough to call an Uber or whatever the European equivalent is. What kind of example will Dorna be setting if they don’t whack his dick?

Rossi is probably ready to kick Pecco’s ass for such a bone headed move

Bags DUI

Are you kidding? Well it’s astonishing to see cancel culture alive and well here.

Guy is young. People don’t go to Ibiza to meditate and pray. He made a mistake. He hurt NO ONE. I think you need to give this a rest.

You never made a mistake in your life? I think anyone calling for bans, cancellations, first need their own lives and history examined.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12563 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I don’t always agree with prefontaine but in this situation I do 100%.

He fucked up yes. When I was his age I did stupid things and looking back now I was incredibly lucky. I also believe in redemption and giving people an opportunity to learn from their mistakes without having to resort to severe consequences on their first mistake and especially when no one was hurt.

I’d love to know if all the people on the internet calling for him to lose everything have ever once driving under the influence.

On a bit of a different subject, what the hell was he driving!? Is that some kind of SUV/crossover thing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Prefontaine, it's just that I do not appreciate a drunk sharing the same roads I do. 25 is plenty old enough to know better than to drive after imbibing. Has nothing to do with cancel culture and everything to do with not rewarding bad behavior. These pro athletes know what is at stake if they fuck up.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
He hurt no one and you stated he should lose all his shit. That’s cancel culture my man. Period.

I’m glad Christ forgives because humans sure don’t. Sad to read.

Posts: 12563 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://the-race.com/motogp/su...it-terms-with-dorna/

quote:
​​​​​​​
Japanese manufacturer Suzuki has finally confirmed the long-known news that the 2020 MotoGP championship-winning team will fold at the end of the current season.

First reported in early May when the team were told to start looking for new jobs, the factory only admitted at that time that they were exploring an exit – but have now agreed on terms with series promoter Dorna to pull out.

Also confirming that they would be shutting down Yoshimura SERT, the reigning Endurance world Championship-winning team as well, Toshihiro Suzuki, Representative Director and President, said in a statement that the decision was focused on sustainability.

“Suzuki has decided to end the participation of MotoGP and EWC in the face of the need to re-allocate resources on other initiatives for sustainability. Motorcycle racing has always been a challenging place for technological innovation, including sustainability, and human resource development.

“This decision means that we will take on the challenge to build the new motorcycle business operation by redirecting the technological capabilities and human resources we have cultivated through the motorcycle racing activities to investigate other routes for a sustainable society.”

However, reports continue to slowly emerge from inside the team that suggests the reality is quite different, instead coming about as the result of an internal power struggle within Suzuki’s board in Japan.

The result of that struggle is the pro-racing faction losing out and its complete withdrawal from sport, something that the team have a history of doing in the past.

It’s also believed that the long pause between informing the team and officially announcing their departure on Wednesday is the result of having to negotiate a complicated leaving agreement with Dorna.

Signing a contract only last year to remain in the series until at least 2026, it seems that the championship bosses were in a position to extract a substantial financial penalty from Suzuki for breaching those terms, something that has clearly taken months to negotiate.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15139 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s a shame to see their endurance racing branch also throw in the towel.

Unfortunately Suzuki has a very well established history of quitting when they don’t win or face a setback. If you go all the way back to their early days you can see this pattern. There is of course more recent examples of quitting and returning to Grand Prix racing not counting this latest example but I would argue it goes all the way back to the beginning with a few golden eras or long stretches between giving up.

From the video below.

in 1955 japan's first full-fledged motorcycle race was staged in the
foothills of mount assama as volcanic smoke hung in the air suzuki entered fresh on the heels of the two consecutive mount fuii victories spirits were high as the team arrived with five of suzuki's latest racing machines the kolera sv sadly the results betrayed the company’s expectations. In the wake of their defeat at asama suzuki withdrew from competitive racing
however the team returned to assama four years later for the 1959 race
members of suzuki's r d department had secretly continued developing a new racing machine back in hamamatsu these engineers firmly believed it necessary to go all in if they were to improve the
performance of their motorcycles they were also eager to taste success once again
from a business perspective as well winning races becomes a highly effective sales promotion tool

^^^ this is a big part of the equation. When their championship win didn’t result in a financial boom in sales their departure was inevitable. Before the story broke a journalist for Jalopnik who was a new MotoGP fan and liked Suzuki commented on the absolute lack of any shirts hats and goods celebrating the brand at a race he attended and how odd it was considering how recently they had won a championship.

Suzuki definitely wanted to use their GP racing program to help the sales of the GSX-R1000R. Unfortunately that is a business segment that is ultra competitive and race Sunday sell Monday doesn’t seem to work now like it did in the past. The vast majority of American buyers probably don’t follow MotoGP or realize the connections Suzuki tried to make with the GSX-R1000R and GSX-RR Grand Prix racing motorcycle. As a whole it’s easy to make the argument that their involvement in MotoGP wasn’t helping them to sell bikes nearly enough given its tremendous cost.

As a fan of Suzuki and following both them and MotoGP from their most recent return to MotoGP it is frustrating as hell to see the corporation walk away from arguably one of the most competitive teams they have had in decades but from a business perspective and with an eye on the financial drain such an endeavor brings it’s a lot of expense with little gain to show for it. Kawasaki has been making this exact argument for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21056 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Suzuki factory racing sucks dirty donkey balls.

Their BSB (British Superbike) team took a first place finish and what does the corporate racing page have on it? Not a effing thing. They haven’t updated it since the “we are quitting again” press release on July 12th. Mad

No mention that Richard Cooper took victory for Buildbase Suzuki at Brands Hatch, as he returned to National Superstock action at the fifth round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship this past weekend. Not even a mention on the home page of their factory racing site. Confused

But because I always like to be upbeat and positive we did have a sweet Ducati race recently and I was glad to see Ducati’s Pecco dominate the race.

A glimpse of what MotoGP races will be like in the year 2025 Eek Big Grin I’ll try to find the full coverage that was on YouTube and had Italian announcers. It’s fun to watch a race in Italian. Occasionally I’ll pick up a word or two that I know or a sentence that I understand and that is fun! Cool

For those who are experiencing moto racing withdrawal this month here ya go!

Some Italian for my friends here.

Goditi le belle corse delle moto. Smile
(Enjoy the beautiful motorbike races.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Portimao to host 2023 Season Opener

Posts: 15139 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Now that's a proper track to kick it off. I love watching races at Portimao.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...tchlow-rnf/10348513/

quote:
​​​​​​​
RNF Racing has announced that Andrea Dovizioso will not see out the rest of the 2022 MotoGP season after the San Marino GP, and will be replaced by Cal Crutchlow.
The 15-time MotoGP race winner returned to MotoGP full-time from last year’s San Marino GP as replacement for Franco Morbidelli at Petronas SRT – which became RNF Racing for 2022.

Dovizioso had been serving a sabbatical following his ousting from Ducati at the end of the 2020 season, taking up a brief role as an Aprilia test rider before signing directly with Yamaha to join RNF.

But Dovizioso’s Yamaha return has been underwhelming, the three-time championship runner-up so far only scoring 10 points in a 2022 season in which his best finish is an 11th in Portugal.

Dovizioso has hinted for some time now that his future beyond 2022 does not include a race ride on the grid, as RNF gets set to switch to Aprilia machinery.

Ahead of this weekend’s British Grand Prix at Silverstone, Yamaha has announced that Dovizioso will quit MotoGP following his home round at Misano.

He will be replaced by three-time MotoGP race winner and current Yamaha test rider Cal Crutchlow.

Crutchlow deputised for the injured Morbidelli at Petronas SRT last year at the Styrian and Austrian GPs, before briefly replacing ousted Maverick Vinales at the British and Aragon GPs.

The Briton took a best finish of 16th in his brief appearance last year.

Yamaha's press release confirms the split was made during the summer break by mutual consent, with Dovizioso noting "profound changes" as part of the reason for his struggles on the bike.

"In 2012, the experience with the Iwata manufacturer in MotoGP had been very positive for me and since then I have always thought that, sooner or later, I would have liked to have an official contract with Yamaha," said Dovizioso, who rode a Tech 3 Yamaha in 2012 and scored six podiums.

"This possibility presented itself, actually in a somewhat daring way, during 2021. I decided to give it a try because I strongly believed in this project and in the possibility of doing well.

"Unfortunately, in recent years MotoGP has changed profoundly. The situation is very different since then: I have never felt comfortable with the bike, and I have not been able to make the most of its potential despite the precious and continuous help from the team and the whole of Yamaha.

"The results were negative, but beyond that, I still consider it a very important life experience. When there are so many difficulties, you need to have the ability to manage the situation and your emotions well.

"We did not reach the desired objectives, but the consultations with the Yamaha technicians and with those of my team have always been positive and constructive, both for them and for me.

"The relationship remained loyal and professionally interesting even in the most critical moments: it was not so obvious that that would happen.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Fabio rides it well because he is a lot like Lorenzo with his riding style. The M1 only suits this style. I mean Valentino was at the front the second half of 2020, leading races, contending for podiums, then in 2021, fuck all. Dovi’s results have been largely the same. The bike suits one rider and one riding style.

Yamaha also does not have a satellite team for next year. My bet is Aprilia maybe, some mfr. offered Dovi some sweet cash to be a development rider. He’s one of the best, if not the best in the paddock at developing a bike. That mfr may have offered him a very sweet test rider gig that pays well. If that is the case it would be best to cut ties with the satellite team and get him on the test bike to start doing laps and developing it.

We are also heading into an era where Aleix and even Marc Marquez are the elder riders. This is a pack of young dudes, all college aged. Every mfr looking for that next young gun. Dovi’s only use to any of ‘em is a development or test rider.

He also loves MX, big time. Any time the season is over, he’ll fly to the USA and ride MX the whole time. So maybe he’ll jump into that, literally.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...p-practice/10349254/

quote:
The Italian manufacturer has been MotoGP’s leading technical innovators for a number of years now, as it was the first to really develop aerodynamic wings on its bikes, as well as the ride height devices that have been at the centre of much debate over the past year.

And on Friday at Silverstone in the latter stages of FP2, Ducati sent Gresini’s Enea Bastianini and Pramac’s Jorge Martin out on track with a set of four winglets – two on either side – fitted to the tail unit of both riders’ bikes.

The configuration on both bikes was slightly different, and it is not yet clear exactly what Ducati’s intentions are with this latest development.

First impressions suggested Ducati is looking for more rear load to perhaps help in the corners.

Martin, who was 13th at the end of practice, says he gained on top speed on the new aero but found he lost agility.

“Well, they are not only wings, it is also the front fairing,” Martin said when asked by Motorsport about the latest Ducati aero upgrade.

“But the big thing you saw was the rear. I can’t tell you a lot, I tried in the afternoon and I wasn’t so fast in the afternoon when I tried the fairing.

“So, in general I don’t know. We need to analyse and understand if we should keep them or take them out.

“I felt it was a bit more difficult on the change of direction, but on the straight it was better.

“At the end of the day, it’s a balance and we need to understand which side to go.”

Bastianini’s assessment offered more clues as to what Ducati may be looking for with the new wings, as the Gresini rider noted he gained better stability under braking.

“The feeling is good for the moment,” Bastianini, who was eighth overall on Friday, said of the wings.

“Tomorrow, we have to try to know if it’s better or not, because I had to come back to the normal one and after we try it again because it’s important to understand if it’s better or not.

“But my first impression is that it’s better under braking, it’s more stable, and also for the speed it’s not bad. I think for tomorrow it’s good for the qualifying.

“[Ducati said] in this part [it would help me]. I think the braking is the strongest point of these wings.”

It wasn’t just Ducati who courted interest in its motorcycles on Friday at Silverstone, as KTM introduced a new exhaust design on a race weekend for the first time.

The exhaust, which stretches along the side of the bike and up to the tail unit, was first trialled at the post-race Jerez test.

The new pipe, according to Miguel Oliveira, is more about offering comfort rather than all out performance as it reduces vibration.

“We tried to gain a little bit more performance from the exhaust and try to get a better connection just by having not so much vibration and this is basically what we felt,” the Portuguese rider said.

“The exhaust is really not giving a lot on back-to-back comparisons [with the old one] on speed, on power. But it gives a good feeling. Yeah, it looks like [it’s more about comfort].

“I prefer the new one because it looks smooth, and also the sound is different because it gives a bit more comfort in that way.”

The louder volume delivered by the exhaust was a request made by the riders following the Jerez test as the previous version proved to be too quiet, which made it difficult for them to understand hear exactly what their bike was doing when riding in packs.

“It’s a bit weird because it’s not that loud, It was a lot more quiet and sometimes you’re not quite sure if you’re in the right gear or something because the tone was so low you feel like you’ve done something wrong,” Brad Binder noted.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Hell of a race. No rider starting and disappearing in the distance. Lead changes. Close racing. Charges to the front. Finally. I think they said closest top 10 in history.

Maverick and the Beast.

Maverick just shattered any doubts about him being a top rider in MotoGP. Phenomenal race from him. He solves his damn starts, he wins this race. Final few laps he was pushing over the limit to try and get Pecco but either way a phenomenal ride. That Aprilia was all over the place. Another podium. He is coming along nicely and made the 100% correct decision for him to leave Yamaha.

Enea got a wing removed at the beginning of the race. His charge through the field, using his entire leg in corners to compensate for his aerodynamics being fucked, was likewise phenomenal. They were showing him in corners and he looked like he was doing karate kicks on that bike to compensate for that wing being gone. What a ride.

And Aleix rode heroically to salvage some points after that nasty high side yesterday. He shouldn’t even be riding today.

And congrats to Pecco. To put that off track nonsense away and get back to work, get your life in order, outstanding. And Miller, dumb move Ducati letting him go.

The Beast and Maverick were the stories of the race for me. Ducati needs to put Martin on full factory support on the satellite Pramac, but Enea has earned the factory ride alongside Pecco. Maverick will just get better.

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Zarco

Posts: 5016 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It was a great race. The Beast was doing absolutely everything he could to keep the bike on line and threw that leg like an anchor to do it Eek.

Zarco could have won so many races by now if he didn't get so excited and try to pull of into the distance. Just set the pace and let everyone else play catchup.

Mav is proving me wrong. He's making that bike work for him (honestly think the Ape is the best bike on the grid now). It'll be interesting to see whether they grab Dovi as a development rider to get it even better.

Also great to see Pecco put his head down and do work. Still not a fan of what he did though.

Aleix is doing everything he can to earn himself a title this year, even if that means his body is taking a bit more punishment. I truly hope he does.

I think mid-race Fabio realized he couldn't win and figured any points are better than no points. Finishing barely ahead of a hurt and hobbled Aleix really didn't impress me. Hopefully he gets himself sorted so we can continue to have a great season with tight races.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motogp.com/en/news...otogp-project/431475

quote:

On Friday at their home Grand Prix in Austria, it has been announced that GASGAS and Tech3 will team up to become the GASGAS Factory Racing Team in MotoGP™ in 2023, with former Tech3 and KTM rider Pol Espargaro confirmed as one of the stars in the line-up. The second rider alongside the Spaniard is yet to be confirmedGASGAS have always been keen to get on the gas for fun but now the throttle grip feels different, the pace faster and the stakes higher. From 2023 Spain’s iconic motorcycle brand will join the rush of MotoGP for the first time in deal that sees the Tech3 Factory Team turn a full crimson red. The renowned race-winning crew will be equipped with GASGAS MotoGP technology and will place the machinery into the hands of Pol Espargaro for the globe-trotting Grand Prix series with a second rider to be confirmed soon.

Competition - and all the thrill and excitement that comes from racing - is part of GASGAS’ soul. The company, formed in the 1980s, celebrated the joy and buzz that motorcycling brings: everything that is daring, capable, vibrant, inviting. Fame in Trials and Enduro quickly transformed into motocross, supercross and rally success in recent years with a comprehensive foundation of offroad production bikes and now - after tasting spoils in both Moto3™ and Moto2™ classes - the brand is ready for the next frontier; the pinnacle of road racing.

GASGAS want to bring their young, fresh and passionate vibe to the highest stage and that meant transforming the objectives of the Tech3 Factory Racing team for 2023. The decorated outfit and Pol Espargaro will become a new and welcome member of the GASGAS family. The popular 31-year-old will also tie-in some of GASGAS’ Iberian heritage for their maiden MotoGP tilt.

The distinctive red and white livery will go faster than it ever has been thanks to the new GASGAS MotoGP trailblazer. The marque will be the sixth brand in MotoGP for 2023 but has already boosted its presence with Grand Prix victories and podium appearances in Moto3 and Moto2 in the last two seasons thanks to the excellence of the GASGAS Aspar team.

Pit Beirer, GASGAS Motorsports Director: “GASGAS is a winning brand. It has reached an incredible level of performance immediately in disciplines like MXGP, Supercross, Enduro and Rally where we have taken Grands Prix, Main Events, world titles and overall winners’ trophies. It’s a relatively new brand for us and we have new goals. We hope the fans that follow ‘the red’ will enjoy the story. Thanks to our strong partner, the ASPAR team, in Moto3 and Moto2 we have been able to see the GASGAS bikes right at the front of those categories. It would be great to see the same thing eventually in the hardest class of them all. I want to thank Hervé and the Tech3 factory racing team for keeping an open mind and really supporting this change to become the GASGAS Factory Racing Team. We think it’s exciting and different.”

Hubert Trunkenpolz, Member of the Executive Board, CMO: “Taking the GASGAS name bigger and wider than its roots in Trial has been really successful in a number of ways. After seeing what we could achieve in Moto3 and Moto2 the next question was whether we could take GASGAS to MotoGP and we’re thrilled that we can make this step. It’s a new journey and I know the brand will stand out right away. Importantly, the team, the riders, the management will help GASGAS make a splash in the premier class. That’s what we’re hoping for!”

Herve Poncharal, GASGAS Team Manager: “Let me make a few confidences to you. Since we joined the Pierer Mobility Group, I can tell you that it has been my happiest professional years in my life. Because, when you work with Stefan, when you work with Hubert, and when you work with Pit, of course, the target and the main thing is competition, but I also love to spend evenings with these gentlemen to talk about business, to talk about strategy, to see how our motorcycle industry is evolving. I’m really, really happy to be part of a European manufacturer and the European manufacturers all together are moving on; we can see every single Sunday in the MotoGP™ podium that they are more and more.

“To be a full factory GASGAS team is a big source of pride. There is a lot I touch in the GASGASname, we know where they came from, I’m from the south or Europe, and I feel very honoured, very proud, and I feel there will be more emulation inside the Pierer Mobility Group in the MotoGP class, in between the orange and the red brand. For sure, as Hubert and Pit said, I would like to thank the Jorge Martin Aspar Team and his riders. First, to be here, they’ve been opening the road, they did a great job, they are still doing a great job, and we owe them a lot. We are together and I’m happy to be even closer to them because they deserve full respect. I just feel happy, I just love challenges – this is why I’m here – and racing is about challenges – industry, business challenges – and I’m very happy to be part of this new challenge.

“If you remember well, a few years ago, there was a young man, a Moto2™ World Champion, that joined the MotoGP™ class with Tech3. His name is Pol Espargaro. We had a great few years together when we started, we discovered the MotoGP™ class together, and I have always said that Pol is a real fighter, Pol was a key player in the Pierer Mobility KTM MotoGP™ programme, and I’m delighted to announce he is back in the family. We can’t wait to start working with him, and I think he will be a perfect ambassador for the GASGAS brand. So, this is like a fairytale; welcome back, Pol. This is also to Stefan, Hubert, and Pit to say more than me, but anyway, I’m over the moon and I think this GASGAS MotoGP™ project couldn’t start better than with Pol. So, this is fantastic news and I just can’t wait to be in November.”

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
https://www.motorsport.com/mot...es-in-2023/10354640/

quote:
​​​​​​​
As part of a revamp in race weekends, F1 trialled sprint races at three events – Silverstone, Monza and Brazil – on Saturdays which determined the starting grid for the main grand prix on Sunday.

The trial proved successful among fans and teams alike, and so F1 pencilled in three further sprint weekends for 2022 at Imola, Red Bull Ring and Brazil.

As part of the Global Fan Survey run by Dorna Sports in conjunction with the Motorsport Network, the idea of sprint races was floated.

Now MotoGP plans to push ahead with this idea for 2023 and will discuss this in Friday’s Grand Prix Commission meeting at this weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix.

Unlike in F1, the idea is to have a sprint race at every single MotoGP event next year and keep it a separate entity to the main grand prix.

The MotoGP sprint race would run to around half distance of the main grand prix and half-points will be awarded.

It is likely the starting grid for the grand prix will continue to be decided by a qualifying session and will not be dictated by the result of the sprint race.

To accommodate this, one free practice session and the warm-up on Sunday would be cut from the schedule.

At present, this idea is only for the MotoGP class, with Moto2 and Moto3 weekend formats likely to remain unchanged for now.

While details are yet to be finalised, most of the constructors’ currently competing in MotoGP are in favour of the format change.

Should this go ahead, it will be the first major change to a MotoGP weekend format since the split qualifying sessions was introduced in 2013.

Since then, there has only been minor changes made to the weekend format for the Moto2 and Moto3 class, when split qualifying was introduced in 2019 for them.

Currently, there are three 45-minute practice sessions each weekend for the MotoGP class – the combined order of which decides who goes straight into Q2 in qualifying and who must go through Q1.

A 30-minute FP4 sessions precedes qualifying, with both Q1 and Q2 running to 15 minutes each.

A 20-minute warm-up takes place on Sunday before the grand prix later that afternoon.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Stupid. There are already too many races on the calendar and you are pondering this? It’s too much. Calendar should be 16 races per season only as it’s a very dangerous sport. Then in addition you need to go back to the old school free practice and qualifying schedule. FP1, 2, and 3 1 hour. QP 1 hour. 4 hours to set the bikes up with the same 20 minute warmup on Sunday.

Sprint races, meh. Why not have a scooter race while you’re at it, and have clowns on track.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Interesting race. It had a few good battles.

I’ll be the controversial one and just speak my mind. The powers that be should have left the fucking Red Bull Ring alone. It was fine, dare I say perfect before the safety/nanny assholes had to start their bitching about how it’s not safe if you run into someone on the straight and get knocked off and your bike ghost rides back onto the track after penetrating the shit barrier and almost hits Vale. Eek They messed up one of my fav tracks! Mad

I really hope that is not a season ending crash from Mir. That high side (which they didn’t show live) was BRUTAL. Mir bounced about a foot high after hitting the ground. Broken bone fragments in his ankle. Doesn’t sound so good….

Hell, I suppose Mir is getting ready for that new RC213 and this was just a training day. Ok not funny. But I doubt I’m the only one thinking that….

Fabio is riding the absolute hell out of that M1. I didn’t think he would do well today but he surprised me unfortunately.

I’m hoping Pecco or Aleix can manage to keep Fabio from a back to back championship.

Oh, and Ducati, you guys are retards for cutting Miller loose. WTF Ducati!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~