SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Captain Kirk to return to space
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Captain Kirk to return to space Login/Join 
posted
William Shatner and Blue Origin’s Audrey Powers to fly on New Shepard’s 18th mission

https://www.blueorigin.com/new...owers-announced-ns18

Posts: 763 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I heard about the announcement about a week ago. This will make him the oldest person to go to space.

The radio announcement I heard it on said something like "isn't there a series of shows that show just how bad an idea it is to allow William Shatner to go into space?".

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Just disable warp drive, the transporter, the halodeck, and ban red clothing, and everyone will be just fine.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
My guess is he'll need "More Power".

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37071 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Will he be the captain?

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5366 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, he will be captain and he will use this ship to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and boldly go where no man has gone before!

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Maybe he has a rendezvous in mind. Not to be outdone on the new space tourism front, our Russian friends have launched an actress and director up to the International Space Station to film a movie scene. No shit, I heard this on the radio this morning. The first thing that popped into my mind was a movie title: "Irina Does ISS". Now how could our good Captain Kirk ignore an opportunity like that?

Posts: 7241 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
My guess is he'll need "More Power".

I canna do it, Captain.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53116 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5290 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
I heard about the announcement about a week ago. This will make him the oldest person to go to space.

To oldly go where no old man has gone before

Anyway: Good for him!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 25987 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
From what I know of Shatner... I'm sure at some point in the trip he will look out the window and start yelling that he sees something strange out there on the wing or such....

I saw an interview a few years ago with his daughter and she said she hated flying with him because he always did that to a flight attendant....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Seems right to me.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
From what I know of Shatner... I'm sure at some point in the trip he will look out the window and start yelling that he sees something strange out there on the wing or such....

I saw an interview a few years ago with his daughter and she said she hated flying with him because he always did that to a flight attendant....

better than him singing "Rocket Man" again...

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

better than him singing "Rocket Man" again...

Or Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

<shudder>

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its almost fitting that he has a chance to actually go into space

good for him and I hope he enjoys every second of the journey

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Yeo man!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12344 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Denny Crane

Year V

Posts: 2609 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
So is he finally gonna make it to Bodely Go?

"What's that clickin' noise?"

-Jonly Bonly Stewart

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43797 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was listening to a podcast they were discussing this. Apparently, Richard Branson had approached Shatner about going up into space aboard his Virgin Galactic but, Branson wanted Shatner to pay his way.

While Branson 'beat' Bezos to space by a few days, looks like Bezos is taking this opportunity to increase his PR effort.

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Denny Crane

Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post