SIGforum
The vampire Diaries

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9390041834

February 23, 2018, 05:31 AM
max628
The vampire Diaries
OK, so while I was unemployed and sitting at home over the winter I discovered the Vampire Diaries again on Netflix,and binge watched the entire I believe eight or so seasons. The wife couldn't stand it so I didn't watch much of it the first time. It started out good and I got hooked into the story, but it did kind of jump the shark after the main female lead left the show. Then I tried the spinoff The originals, which I had also tried to watch before, but even though it is supposedly set in New Orleans, and I just love the French Quarter, it just wasn't happening for me. Any one know of any other similar shows or movies, I didn't really consider them vampire based, even though that always figured in. It also reminded me a lot of Smallville which I liked a lot.
February 23, 2018, 06:24 AM
BurtonRW
Mrs.BurtonRW found, and sort-of binge watched Vampire Diaries. Got through a bunch of seasons and would tell me about it. Sounded very... tween programming to me.

How about True Blood?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
February 23, 2018, 12:13 PM
wolfe 21
True Blood is worth your time just for Anna Paquin. Just sayin...
The Flash and Arrow are both CW shows (same as TVD, Originals & Smallville) you may like. Supernatural maybe as well.
Moonlight (2007) with Alex O'Laughlin, Forever Knight and Dracula from 2014 were all pretty good if ur just after vampires. Moonlight & Dracula were one season shows with no official ending, so be warned.

A Perpetual Disappointment...
February 23, 2018, 10:17 PM
Nickelsig229
vampire diaries took me by surprise and I watched the whole thing. It did get nutty around season 6 but I suffered through it.

One that also surprised me was teen wolf from mtv. It starts off great but some where around season 6 it gets nutty, still worth watching and I believe the next season 9 is still to come.

Another that I binge watched by accident, though not with any supernatural theme, was "the good wife." It's kept me entertained all the way to the final episode.

First In Last Out