SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    kindle unlimited
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

kindle unlimited Login/Join 
california
tumbles into the sea
posted
looking for suggestions. just started my free 3 months.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
If you read a lot, it can be worth the money: It has been so far in my case. They've got a huge selection of books in their catalog.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazon has to think I'm weird, wife & I share an account. Physics books, sci-fi & western romances.

You should see the suggestions list.....

I paid for 2yrs & got it for ~$6 a month. That's probably less than a dollar a book for us.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
The Course of Human Events by David McCullough was kindle unlimited when I got it a few days ago - now it's $1.99.

Life of Pi is ku.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lahilljack
posted Hide Post
Have had Kindle unlimited for over 4 years and very well worth it for me. Borrowed 16 free books just in July!

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lahilljack:
Have had Kindle unlimited for over 4 years and very well worth it for me. Borrowed 16 free books just in July!

Mike
anything good?

Picture of lahilljack
posted Hide Post
I read mostly all fiction and jump around from mystery to westerns, Sci-Fi to post apocalyptic or whatever sounds good. Corps Justice by C.G. Cooper was good. Either 15 0r 16 books in the series.

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My collegiate daughter reads probably 30 books a year, if not more. Kindle Unlimited is well worth the money. I used it to the tune of 5-10 books per year.

Posts: 3531 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I'm averaging about 3 books a month. Mostly fiction. Some real gems but there are also as many dud's.

Worth it if you like to read but you wont find many of the top sellers for free.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelsig229:
Some real gems ...
post some titles.

non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I liked these series..

Fatemarked (this one is great)
The Harbingers
the paladin trilogy (lost sleep to this one)
The wielder trilogy (read in a weekend)
Kings dark tidings
battle mage
the cycle of Arawn
The sword of light trilogy (Loved it)
Oathbreaker
stiger's tigers

These are my favorites so far...

Parno's company
Wolf of the north
Kingfountain
Legends of muirwood

These are all sword/sorcery type fiction. I can't get enough of it.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4787 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
awesome - thanks.

california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Gavin de Becker's The Gift of Fear is ku.

Ann Rule is a good author of true-cime.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: f2,