SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Anyone Still Watch The Goldbergs?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Still Watch The Goldbergs? Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
We used to love watching this show up until about 2-3 years ago when Adam F. Goldberg (who the entire show is based on) left to do other TV work and the quality and storylines just went to shit.

Now Pops is gone (George Segal died) and they apparently killed off the Dad; Murray Goldberg after Jeff Garlin was fired for well, being Jeff Garlin. Roll Eyes

There's no way this show will make it past this season, it's done.

Sad Frown

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I love this show. It's like the Wonder Years for gen-x.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
We used to love watching this show up until about 2-3 years ago when Adam F. Goldberg (who the entire show is based on) left to do other TV work and the quality and storylines just went to shit.

Now Pops is gone (George Segal died) and they apparently killed off the Dad; Murray Goldberg after Jeff Garlin was fired for well, being Jeff Garlin. Roll Eyes

There's no way this show will make it past this season, it's done.

Sad Frown

No, we stopped watching it about the time you did, maybe a bit before. It used to a be wonderful show, funny and charming, but it progressively lost that which made it special, and sounds like it went off the cliff when the creator/inspiration left.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
Ditto..we are done with it. Used to record it and now, don't record and don't even watch when on TV. Just isn't the same.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1375 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post