SIGforum
Fleetwood Mac fires Lindsey Buckingham

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/9150003044

April 10, 2018, 08:53 AM
Jimbo54
Fleetwood Mac fires Lindsey Buckingham
When I saw this news yesterday, I decided then and there that I will never go to another of their concerts. To me, Stevie and Lindsey are the heart of the band.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
April 10, 2018, 08:58 AM
parabellum
Fleetwood Mac? Good grief, they must be ancient. Give it up. Go home, put on a shawl and watch Gunsmoke
April 10, 2018, 08:59 AM
Paten
So you're saying the 4 other band members should bend over for Lindsey Buckingham just so you can buy a ticket the next time they're in town?
April 10, 2018, 09:11 AM
parabellum
Shit, man, I thought all those people were dead. I am no fan of old people on stage, trying to get you to pay money to see their decripit perfomances. When the mmebers of that band were young, it was "don't trust anyone over 30", and now look at the sad shells of their former selves that they've become. Just go home and act your age.

It's sad. Very sad. I mean that.
April 10, 2018, 09:21 AM
Jimbo54
I've been to 3 of their concerts with the last one being 3 years ago and they had the energy of 30 yr olds.

I've been a fan for decades and this just surprised and disappointed me is all.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
April 10, 2018, 09:52 AM
parabellum
To each his own. To me, it's pathetic.
April 10, 2018, 10:07 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
To each his own. To me, it's pathetic.

So, everyone who responded in this thread is pathetic?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...760004234#5760004234

Jim

April 10, 2018, 10:14 AM
parabellum
Don't brace me, partner. I'll post my opinion all over this board. I'll post opinions in every Goddamned thread in this forum if I damn well feel like it.
April 10, 2018, 10:20 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
Don't brace me, partner. I'll post my opinion all over this board. I'll post opinions in every Goddamned thread in this forum if I damn well feel like it.

Not bracing you boss, just voicing my opinion as well.

April 10, 2018, 10:22 AM
parabellum
I said "to each his own". What does that mean to you? I said "To me...". What does that mean to you?

Don't put words in my mouth.
April 10, 2018, 10:30 AM
recoatlift
Yesterday I got a tad melancholy thinking about the Stones, their ages, & still trying to do concerts.
April 10, 2018, 10:34 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
I said "to each his own". What does that mean to you? I said "To me...". What does that mean to you?

Don't put words in my mouth.

Got it. I'm a 'push back' kind of guy sometimes. I had no intention to piss you off Para.

Jim

April 10, 2018, 10:48 AM
Keystoner
Lindsey sure can pick those strings. I'd be happy to see him solo.

Year V
April 10, 2018, 10:57 AM
bendable
Fake news, now way , don't believe everything you read,

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
April 10, 2018, 11:02 AM
jhe888
I haven't seen anything about why Buckingham is out. He has been an important part of the band since the early '70s. I assume it is a personality or money problem - I can't imagine it is artistic.

I wouldn't pay the kind of money they want for a ticket - the band hasn't done anything really good in quite a while. I think they are still good at being Fleetwood Mac, but nostaglia isn't worth a $250 ticket for me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
April 10, 2018, 11:07 AM
parabellum
Two hundred fifty dollars a ticket????? I wouldn't pay 30.
April 10, 2018, 11:08 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I haven't seen anything about why Buckingham is out. He has been an important part of the band since the early '70s. I assume it is a personality or money problem - I can't imagine it is artistic.

I wouldn't pay the kind of money they want for a ticket - the band hasn't done anything really good in quite a while. I think they are still good at being Fleetwood Mac, but nostaglia isn't worth a $250 ticket for me.

I paid $150 a pop for tickets in 2015 and felt I got my moneys worth. $250? No way, and that goes for any performer.

Jim

April 10, 2018, 12:12 PM
Ripley
I heard this and guess I'll be checking back here to see why Buckingham is out. Maybe there's a real reason or it's a publicity stunt. He might pull a "Spinal Tap" and show up on stage along the way.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
April 10, 2018, 12:57 PM
220-9er
There are lots of youtube videos of all the old bands you can watch when they were in their prime.
Free too.

April 10, 2018, 01:48 PM
HRK
Big Grin Big Grin

Prophetically, the last song that Fleetwood Mac performed together was “Go Your Own Way,” when the band was honored Jan. 26 as MusiCares Person of the Year. But at that gala, held at New York’s Radio City Music Hall, all seemed well with the band

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ul-cZyuYq4