SIGforum
Movie Split on HBO Now

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8890096234

November 04, 2017, 01:31 PM
grumpy1
Movie Split on HBO Now
I noticed Split showed up recently on HBO Now and the wife and I watched it last night.

Wow, we both really liked it. Quite a well done thriller with some horror. I don't want to say much more about it so as to not to be a spoiler. Both of us thought the actor for main character James McAvoy did a very convincing job.

I found out that there is going to be a sequel named Glass that is filming now that is going to be a sequel for both Split and Unbreakable. I have not seen Unbreakable yet so i have to do that too.

If you like this kind of movie it might be worthwhile checking it out.

November 04, 2017, 01:44 PM
Nframe
We rented the DVD from Netflix. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but found myself sitting and watching the whole movie.

It was suspenseful enough to keep my attention. I don't do good with most movies, I tend to wander off or sleep.
November 04, 2017, 04:02 PM
daikyu
Split was well done and a nice bounce back for M Night after a bunch of bad films.

Unbreakable was very good but if you have seen Split you already know the big twist in Unbreakable.
November 04, 2017, 05:24 PM
mbinky
I watched it. Well done I thought. I liked it. I generally shied away from his films once Bruce Willis found out he was dead, but this was good.

Now The Village....
November 04, 2017, 05:32 PM
grumpy1
Yeah he has had some duds but Split kept us glued to the screen.
November 04, 2017, 06:02 PM
46and2
I haven't seen this one yet, but like most of the rest of his films. I'll be sure to check it out.
November 05, 2017, 10:28 AM
grumpy1
I watched Unbreakable last night. I thought that was pretty good too and will be interested in seeing the sequel Glass that will tie Split and Unbreakable together when it comes out in early 2019.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6823368/
November 05, 2017, 05:52 PM
Lord Vaalic
It was OK... I was waiting for some kind of twist, there really wasn't one. The trailer pretty much gave the whole movie away.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day