SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Robert Blake has pased away.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert Blake has pased away. Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted
I remember watching him on Baretta. That was a long time ago.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...robert-blake-dead-89

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2551 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed Beretta and his feathered friend.

R.I.P. Mr. Blake.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17155 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Oh, how he hated that bird. He had some troubles in his life, but I did enjoy Baretta.

Posts: 7497 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Robert Blake was an early child actor that made a good living well into his adulthood.
Unfortunately, he became more renown for his personal life than acting. It's funny, the role I most identify him was his turn in Humphrey Bogart's Treasures of the Sierra Madre. He was a frequent guest on Johnny Carson's show, but met someone far more devastating than him.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Certainly an interesting guy. One of those people that you think (or at least I thought), “didn’t he die 20 years ago?!?.”

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blake was also really good in the movie “In Cold Blood.”

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5149 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

...He was a frequent guest on Johnny Carson's show...

He was a guest (not with Orson Welles) the one time I was in the audience while visiting a cousin in the LA area in late 1975. He acted...weird.

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think David Lynch's assessment is correct. Blake didn't give a damn what anyone thought about him.

And while I appreciate everyone alluding only vaguely to it because this is an obituary thread, yes, all indications are that Robert Blake murdered his second wife. Frankly, though, from what I heard about her, she was a walking homicide for years and whoever killed her did a favor for society.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonny_Lee_Bakley

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The documentaries I have seen on Blake / Bakley show that two seriously flawed people coming together are extraordinarily dangerous.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As with Tom Sizemore, whose acting I really enjoyed, Blake was a good actor, but a horrible human being.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had completely forgotten until reading a bio that he was on the "Our Gang" serials (AKA "The Little Rascals) and also Little Beaver on the "Red Ryder" series during the '40s.

Posts: 3201 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I remember Robert Blake on "The Tonight Show" with Carson, telling a joke that was pretty shocking in the day. Blake said when babies are circumcised, the foreskings were planted and grew up to become Hollywood executives.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8305 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blake was on The Tonight Show in the '70s. The question came up "What would you do if you knew that you had six months to live?" A female guest gave some stock answer.

When Robert is asked he says something to the effect of "There are enough bad people out there that require snuffage, I think I'd kill 'em".

The audience and Carson have a good laugh before Carson restates the question, asking "But seriously, Bob, what would you do?".

Blake- "I was serious".

Posts: 762 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, as Lynch pointed out, Blake didn't care what people thought of him and Blake's remarks on The Tonight Show are further evidence that he shot his wife. The pistol used was a wartime production P-38 which had been dropped into a trash can a short distance from the scene and- according to the police- had been sprayed down with WD-40. This would have obliterated any fingerprints.

O.J. Simpson murdered his wife and her friend because he was a jealous husband.

Robert Blake murdered his wife because she routinely did everything she could to ruin peoples lives.

Both of these acts are crimes, but as far as I'm concerned, there is a world of difference in them.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with your earlier assessment. His wife was a vile creature.

Posts: 762 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember watching him on reruns of "The Little Rascals". Beretta was also a great show and that theme song has always gotten stuck in my head.

Posts: 6836 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was also in "PT 109," portraying Charles "Bucky" Harris.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057393/?ref_=ttmi_tt

In this still, Blake's hand is over the number:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/...31282/visual-search/

Posts: 15895 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This thread makes me think of his appearances on Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show. Referring to a big man he’d say, “That big ‘jamoke’.” Producers, studio execs were, “The Suits.” And dat’s de name of dat tune.

Posts: 13154 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
David Lynch's assessment is correct.

I think Blake would have been a great Frank Booth.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post