SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Willow series on Disney+ already ruined by the woke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Willow series on Disney+ already ruined by the woke Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
https://www.polygon.com/234827...eiWE&mibextid=Zxz2cZ

“Puts queer romance front and center”

Roll Eyes

Posts: 13746 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a surprise, the President of the Disney Board, Susan Arnold is a lesbian who has provided top-cover for all the these projects, along with any out-spoken executives and employees. While Chapek's dismissal was more a result of how the parks were operated and the turd of Disney+ that Iger left behind, he was dealing with a stacked-deck against him regarding internal politics and social causes that others within the company were consumed with.

Director Jonathan Kasden is the son of Lawrence Kasden of Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire Strikes Back fame. They've ingratiated themselves to Disney executives whom they tout as their historical connection with the original LucasFilm. Both Kasden's were heavily involved with the sequels along with being outspoken defenders regarding criticism of the recent Disney/SW productions.

Posts: 14682 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Did anyone really expect anything good from a Willow series?

Posts: 4204 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Did anyone really expect anything good from a Willow series?
^^^^^ This

The original movie is great. My wife and I just watched it again, for perhaps the third or fourth time, a month or two back.

I can just imagine what today's Disney would do to it

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to The Drinker and Nerdrotic's reaction to this.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Well, I was never going to watch it anyway. I am tired of the fantasy genre. I won't watch the new Lord of the Rings series, either.

The movie was great, and I re-watched it a couple months ago (I saw it dozens of times on VHS tape back in the day).

The series really looked good, from what I've seen. I've not read about any of the woke shenanigans, though it really doesn't surprise me.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post