SIGforum
Bird Box on Netflix.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/720601935/m/8600032154

January 03, 2019, 02:37 PM
RogB
Bird Box on Netflix.
The more you learn about Sandra Bullock, you will see how the movie fit into her agenda and what its metaphor was.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2010/04/28/...sh-racism-interview/

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself
January 03, 2019, 02:49 PM
SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
The wife and I enjoyed it the other night.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.
January 03, 2019, 03:18 PM
KDR
When I first watched it, I didn't really care for it (story wise). I read a review (Link)
afterwards that made me rethink my perspective on the movie. The review theorized that the monsters are actually social media and that the whole thing is just a metaphor for the damage and destruction that social media can cause. It theorized that the people that don't die are representative of online trolls.

Viewing the movie through this lens made it more enjoyable for me. A also thought the acting was pretty good.

January 03, 2019, 03:31 PM
marksman41
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
The more you learn about Sandra Bullock, you will see how the movie fit into her agenda and what its metaphor was.

http://m.tmz.com/#!2010/04/28/...sh-racism-interview/

I used to be a big fan of hers but when she started supporting and promoting that racist so-called comedian George Lopez, I lost a lot of respect for her. From that point it's been downhill as far as my desire to see her in anything.

I did watch Birdbox as the synopsis sounded interesting, but was disappointed and learned my lesson about viewing any future movies with her in them.

January 03, 2019, 09:34 PM
Tommydogg
Any one catch the P series pistol that Sandra had? Not sure what it was, I didn't want to rewind cause the wife was watching intently.

Beth Greene
January 04, 2019, 10:36 AM
hjs157
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Any one catch the P series pistol that Sandra had? Not sure what it was, I didn't want to rewind cause the wife was watching intently.

I think it sounded like a P220 but I was too afraid to look. Wink Actually, from the size of the pistol and the squared trigger guard, my initial thought was P220/P226. In this first photo, it looks like a 9mm or possibly a .40 S&W.
However in the second photo, the narrow cocking serrations and slide profile point to a P229. With the squared trigger guard it could possibly be a P229 Legacy E2 though I can't identify an accessory rail. I'm sure someone will come along shortly with a positive ID. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hjs157,
January 04, 2019, 09:57 PM
Snake207
Just finished watching it.

I think there is a continuity error in her pistol.
In the pics above (which come “first”) it appears to be a railed 229.

However, later on there is a clear scene where it’s a 228.

Overall, not a bad movie. B-/C+

January 23, 2019, 06:31 PM
Zeus007
I just saw and really like it. its like watching another Episode of Xfiles
January 23, 2019, 07:49 PM
Phelen_Kell
I thought she lost her first gun on the boat?

I'll have to watch it again.
January 24, 2019, 02:08 PM
Zeus007
i would have love it more if they show the entity causing the genocide.
January 24, 2019, 03:02 PM
Ripley
quote:
Originally posted by Zeus007:
i would have love it more if they show the entity causing the genocide.

Well, that would detract from its portrayal as a poetic allegory of our times. Roll Eyes

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.