SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Nash Bridges 2021
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nash Bridges 2021 Login/Join 
posted
Farting around on YouTube I ran into this thinking it was a spoof.

Sadly no. Apparently a USA network movie.

The horror. Why Don did you agree to this?

Political correctness galore: trans geek cops running the computer, PC correct work environment. Gay bosses.

Irony is they need Nash back because they can't do shit even though he is a an old school non PC cop.........until he is.

Any hope of one last Miami Vice get together before everyone dies is gone unless there is a director/producer with the balls to turn time back 35 years.

I'll take the Colin and Jamie Miami vice as the death rattle for the genre.

RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=763vn3E9Dng

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
OMG, I saw it as well and thought the exact same thing.

WTF Don????

Look, I get it, but it was just so in your face PC.

So very sad.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed Nash Bridges. It's lightweight '90s comfort food for me. I've lived in the Bay Area my whole life, so I found it pretty cool to see the significantly older characters traipsing through the old San Francisco neighborhoods once again. The series had a breezy, quirky tone that was different than other cop shows. Of course it was going to be PC—it's San Francisco! Those Dirty Harry days are long, long gone.

In the show, the plots always were about Nash and the supporting characters solving a crime while navigating through their messy and tumultuous personal lives. This TV-movie ditches the latter and mostly concentrates on the crime caper, which isn't all that interesting. There aren't that many callbacks to the original series, other than three of the main actors.

Nash's daughter Cassidy is mentioned, and the '71 'Cuda is destroyed in the opening (in a spectacularly fake CGI fashion). Nash seems remarkably calm about losing his car, as it is a memento of his brother played by the late Jan-Michael Vincent. Also, the vehicle is extremely rare with less than 14 'Cuda convertibles ever made, and certain examples selling in the millions of dollars in auctions. There's no scene of Nash at home, so you can't see if he still lives in the same earthquake-damaged loft. Presumably Nash's dad has finally passed away from his Alzheimer's (that seemed to fade away as the original series went on), as actor James Gammon has also passed on. There's no appearance from Nash's ex-wives Serena Scott Thomas or Annette O'Toole (tragic!).

There's also no appearance or mention of Daniel Roebuck's slimy Bettina, Nash's sister Angela Dohrmann, Caroline Lagerfelt's Inger, Patrick Fischler's Pepe, or Christian J. Meoli 's Boz. Tracey Walter doesn't pop up in an Angel cameo. The SIU is now situated in one of the Embarcadero pier buildings, which is a rather pedestrian setting compared to its previous housings in the Oakland Rotunda, the Eureka Ferry at the Hyde Street Pier, and the weird cylindrical barge docked at Pier 30. So, while I did enjoy seeing all the San Francisco scenery, there were a lot of missed opportunities in referencing the show's roots, which seems to be the point of so many modern sequels and reboots. I mean, Nash should've at least performed one magic trick for old times' sake!

I see Nash has traded in his trusty compensated .38 Super 1911 pistol for a customized Tanfoglio Witness with slide lightening cutouts and a reflex red dot sight. Interestingly, Don Johnson still doesn't seem to practice safe trigger finger discipline after all these decades, but I like how he press-checks his pistol instead of doing the full-on dramatic slide rack that films and TV shows love.

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Watching the opening scene and I'm already pissed off. Anyone living or working in the City would know that street they turned onto would be gridlocked. 1/10 Would not recommend.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
watched some Nash Bridges but not a lot

seemed like old guy Miami Vice, w Cheech instead of Tubbs

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10435 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
My wife had it on the other day. We watched for a few minutes and had enough. I liked the old series, but this?

Posts: 6632 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Watching the opening scene and I'm already pissed off. Anyone living or working in the City would know that street they turned onto would be gridlocked.

Well, they do live in Bizarro San Francisco after all. Like, every other episode on the TV show opened with Don and Cheech having an extended conversation in the car with the scenery whizzing by at 40 mph. I'd love to find that street where you could drive through the city at 40 mph for minutes on end with zero traffic, stoplights, stop signs, bicyclists, and pedestrians!

Posts: 5588 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The original show didn't do anything for me, so I'll pass.

Posts: 27994 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post