SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Movie: Wind River 2017
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie: Wind River 2017 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Holstering her pistol while others were still at the ready seemed like a rookie move

"the soul of a dog is pure"

Posts: 265 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
** Spoiler question **

Will the lead-rapist guy's death at the end never get investigated? He would be another dead body barefoot in the snow in a remote location. Is the location too remote for him to ever be found? Does he have no family or friends curious as to his whereabouts? Perhaps his only friends were his coworkers who all died on the oil field.

Also, I wonder how difficult it will be to restaff the entire Reservation police department, since every member got killed.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Wind River Reservation Police Department went from 8 to 30 about 8 years ago. Don’t know what it’s at now. Might be more.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
** Spoiler question **

Will the lead-rapist guy's death at the end never get investigated? He would be another dead body barefoot in the snow in a remote location. Is the location too remote for him to ever be found? Does he have no family or friends curious as to his whereabouts? Perhaps his only friends were his coworkers who all died on the oil field.

Also, I wonder how difficult it will be to restaff the entire Reservation police department, since every member got killed.

Probably not, there would be a warrant out for his arrest but that area is so remote. That high up, I don't think animals would get the body but it would eventually be covered with snow and just another piece of the snowpack.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to think momma mountain lion took the kittens out to dinner on that guy.

Posts: 1840 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
** Spoiler question **

Nah, Longmire is the sheriff, so...

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Just watched it last night. I liked the movie; will probably watch it again.

One thing I noticed...being in all of that cold, I never saw anyone's breath outdoors.

I'm thinking the security guys might have been responsible for the death of Renner's daughter. He and his wife went to town for a night out and the daughter threw a party. He said more "friends" showed up, then some "not friends" showed up. Maybe the "not friends" were the drill site security guys?

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
** Spoiler question **

Cory (Renner) took him up to a ridgeline close to the tallest peak in Wyoming - Gannett Peak at 13,809 feet. I suspect the ridgeline they were at was over 12,000 feet. I don't believe mountain lions go up that high above the tree line. Renner's character picked an extremely isolated place and the rapist's body will probably never be found. Maybe some eagles will pick at it before it is covered in snow forever.

At the end, Martin stated to the effect that he had heard all the bad guys were dead/accounted for except one was still "missing". Only Cory, and now Martin, know he isn't missing anymore; Cory told him he went out "with a wimper" vs. Natalie going out as a warrior.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Just saw it. I loved it, so did my wife. Renner looked like he knew what he was about during the movie. I still see the punisher when I see Bernthal.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Started watching something tonight and turned it off after 20 minutes. Then I watched Wind River again. It is one of the better movies I’ve seen recently and was well worth watching a second time.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6373 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I watched it "cold," just surfing through Netflix movies-- had never heard of it. I watch a lot of Netflix movies for, like, three minutes. Most are such crap, especially anything recent with Pacino or DeNiro, or, worst of all, both of them. "Wind River" hooked me immediately, and I was riveted for the whole movie.

I have now watched it three times. I'll watch it again, but I'll let some time go by.

First time through, I thought-- as someone says here-- that Elizabeth Olsen was miscast, or out of her league among much better actors. But the second time through I had a different take: She is a young, female FBI agent, very little experience, and she is overwhelmed by what she finds herself in the middle of. When Cory tells her about his daughter her response is something like, "Can you point me... to the bathroom?" There she tries to collect herself, and you can see she is close to throwing up... or collapsing in panic... but she holds it together. Barely. From the moment she arrives with totally unsuitable clothing she is apologetic, self-deprecating, and completely lacking confidence. So, she is a bit wooden, flat, tentative-- but it's not bad acting. I think quite the opposite: she has nailed her character.

The movie has some terrific scenes that can be watched again and again with deeper appreciation. The talk about grief between Cory and Martin is one such. And the scene, just before that, when Martin has been disgusted and angry with Jane's questions about his daughter's death. He has been snarling, sarcastic. Then a knock on the door. He opens it and sees Cory standing there... and just breaks down. Sheesh. It makes me tear up every time. Ben slowly pushes the door shut, closing Jane out of this moment, and stands there protectively. This is private. This is between two men.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Betwen two fathers. Not nessisarily between two men

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen it for a while but I really liked the Mexican Standoff gunfight scene at the trailer.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Wind River has been on my watch list, finally saw it yesterday in two settings (company came in the middle). I will definatly watch it a few more times!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
I watched it again last night, makes 6 or 7 times that I have seen it. I really enjoy this movie - its one of my top all time movies (at least in the top 5).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tis the season of binge watching and movie catching up...
If you enjoyed Wind River, the same writer (Taylor Sheridan) also put out Hell or, High Water which has a similar vibe of dark tones and raw reality.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched this today & quite enjoyed it. Happy with the pace & story.

Dark & a bit sad, with some vengeance thrown in, without going over the top.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Tis the season of binge watching and movie catching up...
If you enjoyed Wind River, the same writer (Taylor Sheridan) also put out Hell or, High Water which has a similar vibe of dark tones and raw reality.

I actually watched Hell or High Water first.

Both good films IMO.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I just watched "Hell or High Water" and really liked it. It's unusual to watch a movie in which you are rooting for the "bad guys" and the "good guys." I won't say more because I don't want to spoil anything. There's a fist fight scene that is one of the best ever. And like "Wind River" there is a dark, haunted feeling all the way through.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I finally got to watch this Christmas Day.
Everyone actually went down for a nap at the same time. It has been in my list on Netflix for quite some time.

I highly enjoyed it and would like to live in that area and Cory’s job would be just fine by me.

I have to say that the scene with all the oil guys was not at all what I wa expecting. The movie had a very quiet somber tone and that just seemed loud and theatrical.

Also I thought for sure the Lions would take care of Pete and was highly disappointed they did not.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post